Trying to spy, trying to hear

I slam the pencil on my desk. What was it? What kind of big thing was it that dad was busy trying to keep it a secret?! I couldn't study with all this wondering inside me. I furiously stood up and sneaked out of the 2nd floor. The devil's room was directly across from mine so if I did a suspicious move, I was straight to her room, locked up, though not chained, and thousands of questions will torture me to death. Although today, the devil was busy making sure her pretty wood carvings were clean and smooth. The devil was one of those people who would follow anything anyone else would. The follower. Not me though. Anyways, that was that. I sneaked to my parent's bedroom, quiet as a mouse. 

    I slowly put my ear next to the shut door. It creaked a little, but whatever they were doing, they were busy with it. "Nalla..." A voice said. My dad's. "What is your problem Nate? You know how it is?! You know how the royals are!" "Nalla, please, she was born to be a royal." "Born? Born to be a bragging, I'm-so-pretty, I-hate-lower-grades-so-much-I-wish-they-disappeared monster?!" My mom said louder, startling me. Wait... the royals wished we disappeared? I mean, I knew they hated us but... what?! I scrunch my face as I dug into the door, wishing I had better hearing. "Sis." A shadow blocked my view. I looked up to see... well, let's not talk about it because we all know who it is.