The clogged truth.

I grumble. Mashed potatoes. It's 1 in the morning and I want mashed potatoes. Wow. How is this even possible? What a ridiculous wish before going inside the walls. I make my way towards the kitchen and turn on the lights. "Janny?" I hear a voice. "Mom?" I turn around to see my mom sitting on the staircase. How'd I miss her? I cock my head for a bit and then smile. "What is it?" She asks. "Nothing." I say as I turn to the pot of boiled water. "Want some mashed potatoes?" She knows me all too well. I nod, like a kid, but firmly. She nods back as she takes some potatoes out. After a few minutes, a delicious plate of potatoes and gravy was on the table. I scoop a little and start melting it on my tongue. 

    "How'd you know I wanted mashed potatoes?" I asked. She just smiles and takes a deep breath as if to start a long story. "I ate a bunch of mashed potatoes before I left my house for the night." She says. I stop eating. "What?" I try to think of why she would leave her mom's house. For marrying possibly? She just takes a deep breath again. "Janny... I have something I haven't told you yet." I slowly nod, making sure enough gravy is in my mouth to savor while she tells her whole story. Some story. "Your father and I, we were royals." I gulp. What?! "We were tired of the royal life..." She wraps up the story as fast as possible. I feel dazed. With silence, I just stuffed the rest of the gravy and mashed potatoes. Delish.