Epilogue

"It's more than we need." I say, filing through the cabbages. "Mrs. Moore gave me all this, I didn't ask for it." Hector exclaims, slowly sneaking next to me. "Stay there!" I yell. "God, loud person." "You stole my cookie!" I yell again, counting the onions this time. I could imagine him pouting. "Hey, hey, enough you two. Go to your room." I turned to see my mom, carrying a handful of carrots. "Come on." Hector says, pulling me. "Hey! I still need to count the rest!" "She says go in." "Argh..." A 13-year-old being bossed around a twin-brother who's only minutes older. I banged open the door to my room, slumping down on the desk. Hector shrugs as he sits on his bed, quickly flipping through his notebook, finishing up his drawings. 

    "Hey." I could hear him call. "What?" "How many onions were there? Or cabbages, whatever you finished counting." "Cabbages were about 40 leaves, onions... 20?" "You sure?" "Do you think I am?!" "Sorry, sorry." He says, quickly erasing. "What's that?" I ask, keeping my head on the desk. "This?" He says, flapping his notebook in front of my face. "Yes." I say with clenched teeth, hitting his hand. "Sorry! God. It's just a record." "Record of what?" 

    "You know, how many cabbages we need to buy next time. Cause, in my thinking, the number of cabbages Mrs. Moore gives us each week increases 5, 2, 1, 4 in this kind of pattern. Meanwhile, onions stay the same for 2 weeks but then after 2 weeks, it increases 2 more, Like, the first week, there is 0. But the second week, 2. Third week 0. Fourth week, 4." "Huh... freaky... so... how many onions do you think it'll be today?" "32." He says, finishing his final touch. And with an expression somewhat of an artist, he lays down and goes to sleep, in a wink. "Smart piggie." I say, climbing up to the upper bunk.