The prince, and the dance

I hoisted myself off from the carriage. Ben starts walking towards the castle. There are millions of towers stretching high, the castle itself a masterpiece. I arrive in front of the castle door before Ben knocks it, the guards nodding at me. Ben turned around and smiled, his eyes gleaming. "Are you ready?" He asks. I nod as he knocks on the door. The castle doors open as a skinny man greeted us. Behind him were tons of royals, dancing to the music. The man looked at me and then at Ben. Ben glanced at me and bowed, as I tried my best to curtsy. "I meet the Rivolant, sir Frandois." Ben says, as he looks up from his bow and stands straight. "Well, welcome to the ball, Helystia, sir Volun." 

    The man turns around as he shouts, "Sir Volun and Madame Moore! The Helystias!" The crowd of royals all bow, except for a few people here and there. I try not to let the confused feeling escape, failing like always. Ben whispered, "The bowing people are the Innas and Yerinas. The people who're not? They're Rivolant's children." I nod thoughtfully, immediately heading for the beverages laid on a wooden table. I pick up a cup and slowly busily pour fruit juice. A finger tapped my shoulder, startling me. I turned around to see Helen. "Hey! I missed you so much girl!" "Me too!" We hugged each other. She laughed as she signaled me to come closer. I did as she whispered in my ear. 

    "Who's that chestnut hair?" She points toward Ben, noticing me and bowing. "That's.. my new brother... why?" "He's hot. Cute. And you look cute too." She chews on a breadstick, fixing her eyes on Ben. "Go talk to him." I say, not looking, drinking from the cup. I could see her nodding from the corner of my eye, as she wore a determined frown and started walking towards him. I giggle as I imagine Ben and Helen talking. I turn around to get another cup. "Hey, you should stop drinking, I'm not sure if this place even has bathrooms." A boy's voice says from behind me. I turn to see Lucifer. 

    Except he's... more good-looking than ever. The suit that fits him perfectly. Dark, navy suit. With black pants. His hair perfectly combed. "Uh.. hey." I say. "Long time no see! How were you?" "I.. I was good." I try to remain calm. "Hmm... you okay? You're hand's too hot." I flinch as I feel his hand on mine. How long has he been doing that? "I'm fine. I'm just tired of dance lessons." I talk faster, making Lucifer chuckle. I gulp as I take another cup of juice. Silence follows as I awkwardly start turning my head around to look elsewhere. "Wanna show some of those moves off?" He questions, cracking the silence and making me blush. I could feel myself blushing! Ack! 

    "Su- sure thing..." I reply. He nods. "Next song. Let's wait for the next song." He exclaims, smiling at me. I nod slowly, as I feel his hand leaving mine. Emptiness covers me as the song ends, Lucifer quickly smiles at me, bowing. He slowly takes my hand. We step up. The chandelier and everything shine brightly, warming me. My body responds to music, my feet going left, right, left, right, Lucifer slowly leading me. "You do know how to do it, don't you?" He asks. I just nod quietly, leaning onto his shoulder. A few seconds pass. "Hey, look." Lucifer whispers, glancing towards a man in his 40's. "Who is he?" I ask. "The prince. The king holds the throne too long. He can't become a king until his 60's. They say he isn't married either." 

    He exclaims, frowning. I look up to see the chandelier just a few steps away. "Look!" I whisper to Lucifer. He smiles, in awe because of the beauty of the chandelier. "Ugh..." Suddenly, he winces as he holds tightly to my shoulder. "Are you okay?" I ask, worried. "Janny, do you trust me?" He asks me, his face hardening. "Yes... why?" I ask, getting a little afraid of his sudden expression.