Sickness that only my parents know

I groan. Today, I can't believe the royals set up a fitness test! I studied for hours! Fine, it doesn't matter. I lay on my bed, quietly re-memorizing what I remembered from earlier. "Thunk! Thunk!" A loud knock was heard from downstairs. It was 9pm. Are our neighbors crazy? I went down as fast as I could as I saw my whole family jump from their places and to the door. My dad opened to see... Lucifer's mom?! What the heck! She was sweating from head to toe, and looked exhausted. My mom blinked for a couple of seconds. Then, she seemed to get the hang of it. "What is it, Mrs.Baker? What happened?" 

    "It's *huff* my son... *cough* he's so sick... you gotta help him! I asked all around town and went to the hospital! Everyone went hunting today... and...*cough* please!" She wheezed as my mom slowly lead her to the couch. She looked at dad as he nodded, mom nodding in reply. She started heading out. "Mom! Can I go with you?" I asked. Now, I was really curious and worried about Lucifer. If her mom and my mom would go all serious and crazy, it's something big, and something I need to see. "No, you can't." My mom said sternly as she ran to Lucifer's house. I gulped. Did anyone ever say 'curiosity kills the cat?'. Well, if this curiosity kills me, I'd die with no regret. 

    I nodded to myself as I slowly stepped outside. The dirt made a little rustle. Everyone was busy taking care of Mrs.Baker so.. I would be easy for me to slip to Lucifer's house. I made my way, quiet as a mouse. I saw the front door has opened a tiny bit, enough to slip inside. I slipped in. I could hear my mom squeezing something. I hid in the shadows of the living room, knowing that Lucifer's room was far away. I stayed quiet, waiting for any sounds other than squeezing sounds. "Janny..." My mom called out, startling me. I didn't reply. "I know you're here." She said again. Dang it. "Sorry mom. I couldn't help it. Sorry. I'll just go..." "No, he's your friend. You do have a right to see him when he's sick." 

    "How is he?" I said as I went in. "He has mixed symptoms. Fever, stomachache, and really bad cough." She muttered something under her breath. "Why?" I asked. "I really don't know. Although I do know something that cures it. Heltopola." She said quickly as she rinsed a plant in the water, placing it in a towel and putting the towel on Lucifer's forehead. "How do you know what heals it?" She just smiles, unidentified smiling indeed.