e i g h t

< February >

{ Ashton }

"Ash?" I barely heard,

"Ash?" I heard a little louder but it didn't register,

"Ashton!" I then heard, more scared, as my body was violently shaken, making me alert. I sat up and turned on the lamp then turned to Tate. She was covered in sweat, the white shirt she wore was now see-through. I held my hand to her head.

"T, you're burning up" I was concerned. She gave me that one 'duh' look.

After a minute, she was waving her shirt to cool off.

"Can you turn the heat off?" She asked.

"The heats not on," I told her. She groaned.

"Here" I sighed and took her shirt off. Her entire chest was covered in sweat too.

"Should we go to the hospital?" I asked.

"No Ashton. I'm just a little sick" she told me, very animate about not going to the hospital.

I was about to speak again when Tate shot out of bed and into the bathroom. I was right behind her, holding her hair. Once she was done, I sat on the bathroom floor and let her fall into me.

"I'm going to die" she groaned, overdramatizing. I laughed. She's not a good sick person, never has been.

"You're not going to die," I told her and kissed her head, "I do think we should maybe call the doctor," I told her.

"It's 4 am. He's not going to answer" she spit back. I huffed but nodded.

"Can we just go back to bed?" She started to cry.

"Yeah" I picked her up off the floor and got her back in bed.

****

By 10 am, Tate had stopped sweating and was now freezing, curled up on the couch in this big blanket Calum got her at Christmas. I was supposed to have interviews all morning and a show tonight. I canceled on all the interviews and I'm leaving the show based on how Tate feels later. Normally, I'd be okay leaving her for a couple of hours sick, but now that we know the baby has a serious health problem, it just scares me.

{ Tate }

Ashton was settled with me on the couch. He's been hovering all day. He only left me alone so he could eat lunch and use the bathroom. Even after that, he was right there on the couch with me.

We were watching a movie and I was curled up with my head on Ashton's lap.

"I'm going to call the boys and tell them they need to find someone to drum tonight" Ashton spoke up, and reached over me for his phone. I quickly grabbed it and kept it from him.

"You're going to your show. Emma's coming over and she's going to hang out with me" I told him and looked up at him.

"Baby..." he dragged.

"Ash, you're not missing your show," I told him as there was a knock on the door. I moved and Ashton got up to go open it.

Emma's voice soon filled the room.

"You better go get dressed" she pushed Ashton towards our room. Ashton laughed.

"You two annoy me sometimes" he whined as Emma sat with me.

Emma waited until our bedroom door was closed before she said anything.

"You okay?" She asked. I shook my head.