t h i r t y - t h r e e

{ Tate }

Watching Riley and Ashton together makes me question why I was scared to have a kid. Yes I was young but that doesn't matter. I was more worried about what Ashton would do. Would he leave me? But no, he stayed by my side and has the best relationship with his son.

Currently, Ashton and Riley are in the back lounge of the bus taking a nap. Riley loves nap time if it's on the bus with his daddy. I was sitting in the front area with everyone else, not really feeling a family nap today.

"Alright, so when are you and Ash having a wedding?" Emma spoke up. Everyone laughed but was curious too.

"After Riley's last surgery. We want to get all of that settled before" I explained.

"You know technically you guys are married. After 8 years you're considered married" Michael shrugged. I laughed. He was right though.

A few seconds later, Riley came stumbling in, tiredly rubbing his eyes.

"Daddy still sleeping bubba?" I asked pulling him up on my lap.

"Yeah. Daddy sweep" he mumbled and sat against me,

"Daddy's not asleep because when someone woke up, he made me wake up" Ashton chuckled as he walked in. Riley started giggling as Ashton grabbed him and started lifting him up and down in the air.

Once Riley's heart rate got up, Ashton stopped immediately. Riley's feet planted on the ground and he took off towards the back of the bus. Ashton laughed and sat down next to me, pulling me into his side.

Riley came back seconds later with the soccer ball Calum brought.

"Pway?" he stuck his bottom lip out and looked at everyone.

"We're driving right now Riles. We can play when we stop driving" Calum told him. Riley then plopped on his butt and rolled the ball at Calum's feet. Everyone stifled a laugh and Calum finally got up and sat across from Riley in the walkway and they began rolling the ball back and forth,

"He doesn't like the word 'no' like you Ash" Michael joked.

****

We got to the venue and I held onto Riley while the guys got all their stuff inside. Once they were done, we all hung out outside in the parking lot where all the busses were parked. Riley was chasing all the boys around while we girls sat on the ground and watched.

Suddenly, a few fans appeared at the fence and were calling for the boys. Ashton sent Riley to me so he and the boys could go talk with the fans. Riley fell into my lap and laid his head on me,

"You okay Riley?" Sierra asked rubbing his back. He nodded then got up and moved over to her. Crystal and Emma pouted, a little jealous Riley chose Sierra over them.

I kept watching Ashton. He was acting odd. He kept bending down and putting his hands on his knees,

"Mommy? Daddy okay?" Riley asked. Our toddler noticed his odd behavior.

"I don't know buddy. Stay here okay?" I told him. He nodded then moved from Sierra to Emma.

I stood from my spot and walked over towards Ashton. A couple of fans saw me and said something which made Ashton turn.

"Hi baby" he smiled, trying to be cheery. I smiled as he pulled me into his side. He was putting a lot of his weight on my shoulders.

"I'm sorry girls but I really need to talk to Ashton," I told the fans.

"That's perfectly fine! Thanks for talking to us Ashton" one of the girls smiled.

I pulled Ashton off to the side and looked up at him.