t h i r t e e n

{ Tate }

Was waking up and being at the airport at 3 am what I wanted to do? Yes and No. We're going to Florida, to my hometown of St. Petersburg in the Tampa area. Ashton will be meeting my dad's side of the family. Yes, he's been around before but he's only met my mom's side. He's never met the others. As for me, I've met Ashton's entire family. My family isn't as welcoming as his.

We got to the airport and I climbed out of the back, grabbing Riley's carseat and diaper bag.

"Thanks for dropping us off Cal" Ashton grinned as the two came around the car.

"Yeah yeah. You owe me. I could still be asleep" Calum grumbled.

"I wish I was asleep" I groaned.

"Riley hasn't slept at all so we've been up a while" Ashton informed.

"Hopefully he sleeps on the flight. We just need to get him asleep before we board so he's asleep during take-off" I said. Ashton agreed.

We checked our luggage and Riley's carseat then headed to our terminal. While we waited, Ashton walked around and finally got Riley to calm down and go to sleep.

"The baby is asleep" Ashton grinned, plopping down next to me with Riley passed out against his chest.

"Good" I smiled and leaned my head on his shoulder and mindlessly played with Riley's scrunched hand.

Our flight boarded and we took off, and thankfully Riley stayed asleep for that. Ashton and I both agreed to try and get some sleep while Riley was. Ashton pulled the armrest up and switched Riley to my arms, then pulled me closer to him so my head was against his shoulder. His head rested on mine and I fell asleep within minutes.

****

When I woke up, I could hear Riley's giggles. I looked next to me. Ashton had Riley laying on his lap and was tickling his sides and blowing raspberries. I couldn't help but smile. The two of them are always so cute.

"Hi booger" I cooed reaches my finger to my baby's hand.

"Morning sleeping beauty" Ashton laughed and kissed my head.

"Morning baby" I smiled back.

Riley has been very good so far on the flight. He's gotten a little fussy but as soon as Ashton started to play with him he was completely okay. Ashton is always able to immediately calm him down. He's a natural.

So the flight was going well except for the flight attendant who was flirting with Ashton.

She had just left our row then was back within seconds telling Ashton how cute Riley was and how cute he was as a dad. I sat my left hand on Ashton's leg, my engagement ring facing up so the lady could see it.

"Oh is this your fiancé?" The lady looked disgusted.

"She is" Ashton smirked, making the lady roll her eyes and walk off.

"Someone was jealous" Ashton sing-singed once she was away.

"Oh yeah. Why don't we talk about when we went to dinner the other night and the waiter was all over me" I smirked.

"Fair point" he laughed recalling the other night. Ashton and I had gone to dinner and Riley was in my arms as we ate and stuff. Our waiter kept coming around and touching my arm and my back. Ashton was getting very irritated. The next time the guy touched me, Ashton stood and looked at him and told him to get his hand off of me before he hit him. The waiter was pretty scrawny and immediately backed off.