t w e n t y

< December >

{ Tate }

I got up early and started getting the house cleaned before Ashton's family and my grandma got here. Luckily, I don't have to pick them up from the airport. They all land at the same time and they got a rental car to drive while they are here.

This past week, I got a lot accomplished. I finished getting the house Christmas ready, got Riley's presents wrapped and put away, got the house stocked with groceries, got my graduation dress and shoes, and got what Riley will need for his week-long hospital stay.

I held Riley on my hip and moved around the house, vacuuming and making sure our guest rooms were cleaned and the beds were made.

When I finished, I carried Riley upstairs and put him on his feet, then followed behind him to the kitchen. He's mastered the walking thing now. He may even start talking soon. He's been mumbling and almost saying words.

I turned on the small tv we have sitting on the counter and put it on Winnie the Pooh and got Riley sat in the high chair and fed him. He's got an obsession with Pooh and I've discovered I can get anything done if it's on.

My phone started buzzing on the high chair tray and Riley's attention went straight to it. He knows that when the phone buzzes that it's usually his dad calling. And this time, it was Ashton. I slid to answer and Ashton's face pulled up on the screen.

"Hi baby" I smiled and propped my phone on the counter to where he could see both Riley and me.

"Ahh it's lunchtime" he laughed.

"It is" I laughed back as Riley spit out the food I just put in his mouth.

"Really Ri" I groaned and began cleaning it up as Ashton just laughed.

"When you get home, this is all you" I spoke.

"And I'll be glad to do it" Ashton grinned.

"Riles has a doctors appointment today right?" He asked.

"Yes. It's at 3. We have to leave as soon as everyone gets here" I told him.

"Okay. Be careful! And let me know how it goes" he smiled.

"I will baby" I laughed.

"I love you" he blurted.

"I love you too" I laughed as Riley lunged towards the phone.

"I love you too bubba" Ashton laughed.

"Okay, I have to go now. We have our first flight of the day to catch" Ashton frowned.

"Go get on your flight. It's one more flight closer to you being home" I smiled. He laughed.

"Okay. Be careful! I love you guys. Bye" he grinned.

"We love you too," I smiled and picked up Riley's arm,

"Say bye-bye Daddy" I waved his hand. Ashton laughed and ended the call.

****

Around 2:00 pm, I heard the door open. I knew it was the family.

"Let's go see who's here Ri Ri" I smiled and walked with him slowly around the corner. I smiled seeing Anne, my grandma, Harry, and Lauren standing there. Harry dropped to the ground and hugged Riley as he waddled towards him.

"Hi sweetheart" my grandma grinned and hugged me before letting go and grabbing Riley from Harry. I hugged Anne next, then Harry and Lauren.

"How were your flights?" I asked.