t h i r t y - o n e

{ Ashton }

Yesterday, I found out that Tate and Riley get to join me on the whole tour. I know Tate's a little worried about Riley but it'll be okay. This is also the first time Tate will get to join for a whole tour. Today's a packing day since we leave tomorrow. We do need to run out later and grab a few things.

I got up before Tate. Riley wasn't up yet either. I gently moved Tate off of me and rolled out of bed. I grabbed my phone and IPad from my nightstand then made sure Tate was still covered. Over the years I've learned she gets mad if she wakes up with no covers.

I walked out to the kitchen and sat at the counter with my coffee. I was getting things downloaded to my iPad for Riley. Most of his stuff is on mine and Tate's phones. If we were going to be on a bus for five months, he needed something else.

A little while later, Tate came walking in with Riley who looked half asleep. The shirt she wore pooled around her thighs, reminding me she only had on her underwear underneath. Her hair was up in a bun and Riley was rested on her hip. But she still looked gorgeous.

"Morning love" I smiled as she made her way to the coffee pot.

"Morning" she smiled. She got her a cup then got Riley a sippy cup of milk and came around the counter to me. She kissed me softly but we both pulled back when Riley's hand pushed between our lips.

"Besides packing, what do we need to do today?" She asked with a little yawn. I smiled and grabbed Riley from her and settled him on the counter in front of me. He was too busy sucking away on his sippy cup to realize he wasn't on Tate's hip.

"We need to go get diapers and soap and stuff. Maybe some stuff for Riles to eat on" I shrugged. When Riley heard his name, he perked up, "Yeah you" I laughed and tickled his sides.

"Daddy! Daddy no" he squealed and dropped his sippy cup. Good thing it's spill proof. I kept tickling him and his squeals got louder. I stopped when Riley got out of breath and I could tell his heart was racing. That's always something I have to be aware of when we play.

"Alright buggy, want some breakfast?" Tate asked Riley as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders from behind.

"Foot Oops!" Riley cheered. Tate laughed and kissed the side of my neck.

"Do you want anything" she mumbled. I shook my head no and she unwrapped herself from me and walked over to the pantry. She grabbed Riley his Fruit Loops and brought them over then sat in my lap.

"I like this" I smirked.

"I know, I can feel" Tate snorted back.

****

After the three of us got ready, we headed out to the store. I noticed Michael's car in the parking lot so I guess he was doing all his stuff last minute too.

I grabbed a cart and put Riley in the seat and gave him my phone. It's the only way we can keep him still. We grabbed all that Riley would need first, including snacks, then grabbed what Tate and I needed.

We walked down the hygiene aisle when I heard Tate squeal. When I turned around, Crystal and Michael were behind her laughing while she had her hand over her heart.

"You are way too easy to scare" Michael laughed. I started to laugh too. I knew Tate probably freaked out.

"Hey Mikey" I smiled, "Last minute I see" I joked.

"You're standing here too" he shot back then moved past me to Riley. I quickly grabbed my phone from my son as Michael picked him up from the cart.