t w e n t y - s e v e n

< May >

{ Ashton }

I carefully climbed out of bed this morning. I didn't want to wake Tate. It's Mother's Day and she deserves a good one. Last year, we were in the hospital with Riley so she didn't get to really have her first Mother's Day like I got to have my first Father's Day.

Tate needs a day for herself. Lately, she's been super stressed and kinda down in the dumps. She's swamped with work and is also taking care of Riley while I'm at the studio. I try to spoil her every now and then, even though she hates it. She deserves the world and I want to give her everything she wants and needs.

I closed our room door and went to get Riley. I walked in and he was jumping up and down in his crib.

"Daddy" he yelled. Thankfully I turned the monitor off so he wouldn't wake Tate.

"Good morning buddy" I smiled lifting him up and settling him on my hip.

"You're getting big you know that?" I laughed and quickly changed his diaper and went to the kitchen.

"Should we make Mommy breakfast in bed?" I asked Riley as I sat him on the counter.

"Mommy!" He grinned.

"I think we will make Mommy pancakes because that's her favorite" I told him. Riley giggled and grabbed onto me as I moved him to the counter by the stove.

"Me me" Riley spoke and made grabby hands for the mixing spoon I was using to stir the pancake batter.

"Sure buddy" I smiled. I held my hands around his and helped him stir it. Tate's always doing this with him so he enjoys it.

****

I put the finished pancakes and bacon on two plates, filled two coffee cups, and filled Riley's sippy cup up.

"Let's go surprise mommy" I smiled. Riley giggled and took his sippy and followed behind me.

I opened our room door and saw Tate still asleep. I told Riley to be quiet and sat the tray of food down on the dresser. I grabbed Riley and put his sippy down and put him on the bed as I crawled on too.

"Go get Mommy" I nudged him and he immediately crawled on top of her.

{ Tate }

I shot awake when I was jumped on. My eyes widened and Riley was close to my face. I laughed and held him as I sat up and saw Ashton sitting on the bed too.

"Good morning" I smiled and kissed Riley then leaned over and kissed Ashton.

"Morning baby" Ashton smiled as Riley cuddled into me. Ashton got off the bed and grabbed a tray of food off our dresser.

"Happy Mother's Day" he grinned and sat on the bed between us.

"Aww thank you" I grinned. It was so cute.

"Eat up Momma" Ashton took Riley and grabbed a plate.

"Aww you're even letting him share with you and not me" I smiled.

"I figured I'd let you have this one to yourself" Ashton laughed and gave Riley a bite. Usually, Riley eats off me because Ashton's a pig and won't share his.

"Oh! We have a present for Mommy!" Ashton jumped off the bed with Riley and left the room. They came back a few seconds later. Riley was holding a rose and had a gift bag. Once he was on the bed he handed them both to me.