t h i r t y - s i x

{ Tate }

Last night was our first night in our new house and I'd say it was successful. Riley slept in his room and didn't come into ours which we called a win. He only woke up once but Ashton got him back to sleep within a few minutes.

Ashton and I were up early because we had to wait for a delivery guy to get here. For Christmas, Ashton and I got Riley, and the new baby, a play set for the backyard. I honestly think Ashton is more excited than Riley will be.

There was a knock on the door around 7:30 and Ashton and the delivery guy carried all the boxes to the backyard. The only work I did was hold the gate open so they could walk into the yard. The boys were coming later to help Ashton put it together.

Ashton's putting a lot of work into our backyard. He's got lots of plans. He already dug up some grass and laid out some rubber stuff where the play set was going to go. Next he wants to dig a hole and put a trampoline in the ground.

Ashton got to work opening boxes and laying out what he needed while I stood in the doorway of the house and back patio.

As I stood there, I heard Riley whining. I walked through the kitchen and turned the corner and saw Riley at the top of the stairs waiting for me to come get him. We have a baby gate up so he has to wait for us.

"Good morning" I cooed at him and stepped over the gate, "Let's get you changed and we will go outside with Daddy" I told him. Riley nodded and laid his head on my shoulder as I carried him to his room.

"Daddy do?" Riley asked as I got him dressed,

"Mommy and Daddy got you a Christmas present but it came early so Daddy's putting it together. Your uncles are going to help" I explained. Riley nodded and I put him on his feet.

We got to the back door and I could see that the boys were here and they were all getting to work.

"Daddy!" Riley yelled and took off as soon as I opened the door. I followed behind as Ashton picked him up, "I help Daddy?"

"No buddy. This is a big people thing. You and mommy are going to go to the store. Can you help Mommy get some swings?" Ashton talked to him. Riley nodded aggressively and wiggled so Ashton put him down.

"We getting one baby swing and two regular?" I questioned and Riley returned to my legs. Ashton smiled and nodded and got back to work.

****

Riley and I had to go a couple places. We were getting swings but we also needed to get a few things before we fly out to Australia for Christmas. Since the only thing Riley cared about was swings, we stopped at the outdoor store first.

I grabbed a cart and we walked back to the swing sets. I grabbed a blue baby swing and set it in the cart, making Riley whine,

"No baby" he told me,

"But it's for the baby. We will get you a big swing" I explained. He grinned and jogged over to the other swings,

"Bwue" he pointed. I smiled and grabbed two and set them in the cart.

"Okay, lets go buy them then go to Target" I laughed.

We got to Target and Riley was not happy. He wanted to go home and play.

I sat him in the cart and pushed it over to the baby section. We were in a desperate need of diapers and baby wipes. I grabbed a couple boxes of diapers and few packages of wipes and put them in the cart.

"For baby?" Riley asked and pointed to my stomach as I pushed him away,

"No bubs. These are for you" I laughed and went down another aisle.