t w e n t y - e i g h t

{ Tate }

Jack gets here today and I still do not know why. Ashton keeps telling me that Jack's okay but I think we both know he's not.

When I got up this morning, I followed the sound of faint drumming downstairs. I slowly walked into Ashton's studio to see what he was doing. He was busy drumming and Riley was playing on the floor with his noise-canceling headphones on. The funniest part of the scene was the fact Ashton was just in his boxers and Riley was just in his diaper.

"Morning" Ashton looked up and saw me.

"Morning" I smiled and walked further in the room.

"I'm going to take Riley with me" Ashton informed as I sat in his swirly black chair at the desk.

"Don't you have interviews though?" I questioned.

"Yes, but Riley will be fine. Sierra, Emma, and Crystal will be there too if he gets whiny" Ashton rattled as he came over to me, leaning down and placing a kiss on my lips.

The three of us headed back upstairs and Ashton packed him and Riley up and left for the day. I had a couple of things to do for work then I'd head out to the airport to get Jack.

****

I got to the airport a little early and sat in my car for a little bit. My Twitter was blowing up so I quickly decided to look. They were all videos and pictures of Ashton and Riley at their interview. Ashton had Riley on his lap and Riley was jumping on his legs making everyone laughed. There was one with Riley grabbing Michael's microphone and to mumble words.

I liked a bunch of them and retweeted one, then got out and walked into the airport.

Jack came running towards me and hugged me before I could even look at him. His baseball hat fell off his head and hit the ground and he put his head against me.

"I've missed you" I heard him mumble.

"I missed you too" I smiled.

Jack pulled back and my mouth dropped at the sight of his black eye.

"Jack" I gasped.

"I'll explain later. To both you and Ashton" he promised, picking his hat up and putting it back on. I nodded.

"Let's get your bags and we will grab some lunch" I smiled. Jack nodded and we went to baggage claim.

"Why do you have your baseball bag" I laughed, picking it up off the conveyor belt.

"My team is playing in a tournament here next weekend. They asked if I could still play and I told them I could. You don't have to take me. One of them can come to get me" He explained.

"Jack, Ashton and I can take you" I assured him. He nodded and grabbed his suitcase.

****

We got to our lunch spot, a place Jack loves and we go every time he comes to LA.

"Where's Riley?" Jack asked.

"Ashton took him today and from what I've seen, Riley's loving the attention" I laughed.

"I haven't seen him since Grandpa's funeral. I bet he's big now" Jack laughed.

"Oh he is. He's walking and running around. He's even talking a little" I grinned.

"He just had his birthday right?" Jack asked, stuffing his mouth with fries.

"In February" I laughed,

"He got a mini baseball glove, bat, and a squishy ball from Calum. You'll enjoy that with him" I smiled.