t h i r t y

{ Tate }

Ashton's birthday plans changed when Michael and Calum had things come up. Michael and Crystal had to go to Georgia for a family emergency and Calum went to see his sister who had a big headlining show. I know he's a little upset all the boys won't be here to hang out but he understands.

Instead of going to a club like we had planned, we were going to just hang out with Luke and Sierra today. We're letting Jack babysit today.

I woke up before Ashton today and grabbed Riley from his room and headed out to the kitchen.

"Did you know it's Daddy's birthday?" I cooed to Riley and sat him on the counter.

"Daddy?" his head tilted as I started the coffee pot.

"Yeah, Daddy" I laughed, "Let's make Daddy some breakfast" I smiled and lifted Riley and moved him to his highchair and got him entertained with tv.

I was too busy by the stove and didn't hear Ashton come in. When his arms snaked around my waist and his face buried in my neck, I jumped a little.

"Morning" he spoke, voice raspy from just waking up.

"Morning" I smiled and turned around, my arms now around him.

"Happy birthday" I grinned. He giggled and leaned down and kissed me softly.

"Thank you" he smiled.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" Riley started yelling. Ashton laughed and let go of me and walked over to his son.

"Good morning! I didn't forget about you" Ashton aww'd and kissed all over Riley's face.

Jack walked up as I sat breakfast on the table and on Riley's highchair tray.

"Jack, you sure you're okay watching Riles all day?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah. I'll be good" Jack smiled. He was confident this time. The late few times we've left Riley with him, he's freaked out.

Ashton nodded and finished up his plate.

Ashton stood and put his plate in the dishwasher then tossed the pans I used in as well.

"I'm going to take a shower" Ashton kissed my cheek and headed down the hall.

Once Jack had eaten, he went back downstairs for a little bit while I cleaned Riley's high chair tray then went to get him changed.

Riley was trying to run away from me as I attempted to get him dressed. I'd lay him down and he'd get up and runoff, leaving me to chase him, catch him, and hold him back in the ground.

"Riley. Knock it off" I spoke stern after the third time. His small eyes widened and he stopped moving.

"Mommy" he whined then leaned forward and hugged me. I smiled and hugged his small frame back.

"Lay down for me so we can get you dressed" I whispered. Riley did exactly what I said.

As soon as he was done, he hopped up.

"Mommy toy?" He questioned, "Daddy go?" He then asked.

"Daddy's getting ready but we can go play with your toys. They're in the living room goof" I smiled and carried him down the hallway.

I put Riley down and he walked over to his toys. Right now, since he doesn't have too many, we have them in little bins next to the couch. It's easier for Riley to play with them that way.

Riley grabbed his little farm toys and brought them to me. I placed them in front of me and took a seat on the floor and started picking a few of the animals up.