f o u r t e e n

{ Tate }

I sat on the bed, crisscrossed, as Ashton packed his bags. I hate these days. These days signal that he will be leaving, and I don't want him to leave. And sadly, he leaves tomorrow morning.

I watched as Ashton carefully placed his clothes in the suitcase, placing them just right so everything would fit and he wouldn't have to take another huge bag.

Ashton walked into our closet and came back with a handful of hoodies. That's when I saw his orange one from the Chainsmokers tour. That's one of my favorites to wear.

"Ash" I mumbled. His head looked up.

"Can you leave that one here?" I asked. Ashton's face softened and he draped the orange hoodie over my lap.

"Sure baby" he smiled and kissed me quickly.

"And the white one?" I pushed.

"Of course" he laughed and draped the white Teeth hoodie over my lap too.

"Thank you" I whispered.

"It'll all be okay TT" he promised, patting my leg, then returning to what he was doing.

Ashton moved to put all his bottoms in his bag, pausing when he got to his soft gray Nike sweatpants. He looked up at me then tossed them my way.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I clutched them.

"You wear them a lot" he simply answered. I smiled and went to kiss him, but the cries from the baby monitor interrupted me.

"Do you want me to go get him?" Ashton laughed.

"No, I'll do it. You need to pack" I shook my head as Ashton placed a kiss on my lips then let me free to get our son.

"Hi baby boy! Did you have a good nap?" I asked, lifting Riley from the crib. The crying seized and he was all giggles and reaching for the stuffed lion in his crib. I reached down and grabbed it then handed it to him.

"Shall we go see Daddy?" I asked, knowing he can't respond. Riley laughed and laid his head against me as we made our way back to mine and Ashton's room.

"Well hello Ri Ri" Ashton beamed as he took the 5 month old.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, holding him over his head and leaning him down to kiss his head.

I got seated on the bed with Riley on his tummy in front of me. Ashton was still packing. I turned to grab my phone, and when I turned back, Riley was on fours and scooting himself. He was trying to crawl. I gasped and moved to the floor with him and starting to film him and immediately yelling for Ashton.

Ashton ran in right as Riley moved his hands and legs.

"Oh my god!" Ashton grinned and ran to my side.

"Come on Riles. Come on Ri" Ashton cheered as I continued to film. Ashton grabbed the lion off the bed and started using it to hoax Riley to keep going.

"Come on bubby" I smiled as Ashton waved the lion. Riley was all smiles and slowing inching forward. He crawled a good 5 steps then fell on his stomach. Ashton jumped to his feet and lifted Riley in one swift motion.

"Good job Ri. You did so good" Ashton cooed and kissed all over his face. I grinned and stop recording and posted to Instagram:

-Instagram-