n i n e

< May >

{ Tate }

These past three months have consisted of Ashton and I waking up, going to the hospital all day, going home to sleep, then waking up and repeating. Riley was moved to a children's hospital where he got his own room, which allowed our visits to be easier. But today, on his due date, Riley gets to come home. Everyone is super excited. None of our friends, besides Emma, or our family have met him yet. He was too sick to be seen by a lot of people. Our family knows he was born but has given us space to make sure Riley's healthy enough to have visitors who had to travel. Airplanes cause a lot of illnesses so we have to keep him away.

Ashton and I were up bright and early this morning and getting ready. We were side by side in our bathroom, me doing my makeup and Ashton fixing his hair. As I cleaned up my mess, Ashton turned me to him and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Our little boy's coming home" he smiled and kissed my head. I looked up at him and smiled.

"I'm shocked we get to bring him home. They told us six to nine months, it's only been three" I said, nervous that the doctors would change their mind.

"He's a strong one" Ashton grinned and pecked my lips.

We finished getting ready and started grabbing what we needed.

"Baby bag?"-

"Check".

"Carseat?"-

"Check"

"Camera?"-

"Check"

****

We got to the hospital and carried our stuff in and to Riley's room. Walking in, we saw a nurse holding Riley, who was no longer attached to wires but was whining.

"Good morning" the nurse smiled brightly then handed my son over to me.

"Good morning" Ashton replied for both of us.

"So what I'm going to do is have Mom feed him then we will do our final check and get him all signed out," she told us and left us with some privacy.

I settled in the chair and began feeding Riley as Ashton knelt beside us and stroked Riley's head.

"You get to burp him," I told Ashton.

"Good thing I brought another shirt. He always pukes on me" Ashton laughed.

"He never pukes on me" I smirked. Ashton rolled his eyes and leaned up to kiss me.

Ashton began walking around the room with Riley as the nurse came back. She did a full check then smiled at Ashton and me.

"I think he's ready. I'll go get the papers and you guys can get him ready to go."

We got Riley dressed then laid him in the bed to take quick pictures that Ashton and I both posted:

-Instagram-