s e v e n

____________

m o o n
n e c k l a c e

7

💫⭐️💫

____________

The question hit Jihoon hard on the chest. Really hard.

Well, will he?

His newfound friends look at him deeply like they were waiting for an answer. Well, Jihoon, too didn't know what to say.

His fiddles with his fingers, staring to the ground, not wanting to look into their eyes. But Jihoon already had an idea about what they looked like.

He's sure that Mingyu would have a supporting look on his face and he'd be reassuring Jihoon to go and join. But that option wasn't really in his head.

Well, what if his father finds out? He clearly remembers the words of his father saying that he should prepare himself for higher class jobs. He pretty much knows that being a waiter in some café isn't really part of that. Well, he could already imagine the disappointed look of disapproval his father would have.

Sweat trickles down his forehead. He was nervous, he bites his tongue in worry.

Instead of happy thoughts he just had a while ago, they were now filled with thoughts of anxiousness and panic.

"So Ji, what will it be?" Mingyu interrupts his thoughts. He looks up and sees his friends staring at him, their eyes piercing.

His heartbeat quickens. "I... uh..." He takes a gulp. "I'm not... uh... allowed to have... a job...." He tries to think of an excuse, and fast. He wouldn't want them to wander in curiosity about it. Definitely not. He had enough of these guys already.

They look at each other, mainly to Wonwoo, who had his head resting on his palm. "Why not?"

Fuck.

This dude clearly doesn't believe me. What a smartass.

He furrows his brows. The anger soon rose up through him. A while ago, he was nice, but now, he just had quite enough. And for Jihoon, enough is enough.

"I'm going somewhere soon. So there's not really a point if I would take a job right now." Lisa laughs at his statement, "What are you talking about? This isn't a big of a job. Besides, some of us have different shifts. It's a pain, really."

Jihoon growls silently to himself. These people are a pain. He just wants to go home.

"C'mon, Hoon. Look at the bright side. It isn't that time taking. Besides you still need money." Mingyu gets quite silent after the last part.

Oh yeah. Both realization and guilt rises up on Jihoon.

He's been thinking of the negatives but he forgot all about the money. How was he even going to get to China while he was penniless?

Besides not only that but he feels bad. The whole time he moved to Seoul, Mingyu always got his back, always.

More sweat trickled down his forehead. Maybe this was a good choice? Besides, he's pretty sure that his dad won't even come here. It could also help to buy the ticket and everything. He can't stay broke for a month.

Hesitantly, he nods. Little did he know, that that nod could change everything. That nod would spark something new in his life.

A smirk appeared on Wonwoo's face. A smirk of true victory.