f o r t y o n e

____________

m o o n
n e c k l a c e

41

💫⭐️💫

____________

The day went on.

Jihoon didn't leave his room, as promised. Throughout the day he received letters that were sent underneath his door, all stating the plans.

Chunhua said that his father and Jian finally left, leaving both of them in charge of the mansion.

Jihoon would lie if he said he wasn't nervous. He was. He was only lucky that no one else was in his room, since the whole time he'd been thinking about what can possibly go wrong. He circled his room, thinking of every possible outcome from what would happen today.

He stops when he hears a three knocks on his door. His heart beats louder and louder. That meant only one thing, it was finally time to take action.

He holds his breath. He looks outside the window and see's the night sky. It was already 4 am, he prepared a small backpack where he tried to carry all of his items around.

He looks back and watches the door slowly open. Chunhua smiles while a key was being held on her hand.

Jihoon observed her face, she looked sad. Her eyes looked as if they just finished crying, but why?

Chunhua quickly ran inside the room, putting Jihoon in an embrace, making him confused.

"Jihoon, promise me one thing, please. Promise that you'll survive and that you'll fight, no matter what."

Jihoon raised his brow, "What the hell are you talking about?" He didn't hug back.

Chunhua wiped her eyes, and retracted from the embrace. "Nothing, I guess. You'll know soon." She smiles.

They leave the room, Jihoon took one last glance around it, the room was definitely tidier and cleaner when he first moved. But there were also pictured frames of him at his graduation, he thought that leaving at least a bit of himself would make his father happy at least.

The lights were out. The only way for Jihoon and Chunhua to interact with each other is by holding each other's hands tightly, making sure that the other won't get lost.

They walked down the stairs, it got harder and harder since there were no lights. They just hoped in their minds that they'll be alright.

They reached the bottom step, taking a breath of relief.

Jihoon couldn't believe it, just a few steps and he'll be out. He'll be out safe and sound back to the café, back to the people he always wants to be with. Back with the person he loves.

He smiles at the thought. Finally, it was over. No more stress, drama and sadness. It was all over. "Finally."

They stop. He didn't know why but he could feel Chunhua's hand shake in his. He raises his brow, he didn't know what was going on and why she was shaking like that.

The lights turn on. They show a sight that made Jihoon panic.

It was his father.

He was holding a gun while he was in front of the door. They were being circled as well, there were maids and butlers all over holding knives.

Behind Dowown was Jian. His cheek looked bruised. There was blood dripping down his lips.

Why?

"I'm proud of you, son. You outsmarted me. And I think that's a big accomplishment. I applaud you."

Jihoon stopped. He stared deadly ay him. Chunhua moved next to him, scared.

Jihoon could tell that she was indeed scared, a gun was pointing straight at them. It probably had bullets. Knowing his father, he would risk anything to make things go as he planned.

"But I'm afraid there was one small mistake. This man," he stopped. He pointed his gun at Jian threatening him. "Well, Chunhua you forgot that everything is watched by me here. Your plan failed. You tried to distract me by leading me to your so called 'appointment' then you just planted bombs there. It was a stupid idea. Because of that, I'm sorry to say but the people in that company are dead." He smiled evily.

His eyes, it were the same eyes at that night when he shot his mom. The same eyes of evil.

Jihoon felt his head hurt. It was too much. He didn't know that Chunhua would plan something like that. He didn't know that Chunhua was willing to kill.

He looked back, she tightened her fist while gritting her teeth. It was scary. The sight of both of them just killing each ither just by the looks in their eyes, it was something that he didn't want to experience. Ever.

"Jian..." Chunhua choked. Jian looked up and gave sad eyes to Chunhua, the girl just had tears falling fron her eyes.

"Fear. That's beautiful, Ms. Zhang. I've never had this much fear in my atmosphere in a while." Dowon smirked at her, just earning a growl in return.

Fear rushed into Jihoon's blood. The way how his father just looked so sadistic disgusted him.

"Please, let us go." Jihoon begged. He would kneel if he could. There was one thing that he wished. He wished to get out of this situation and hide away from everyone.

"No."

He smiled one last time before letting go of Jian and pointing the gun back at Jihoon. Dowon stepped foreward. There was only about a meters distance between them. Dowon played with the trigger, making Jihoon feel anxious.

"This is what you get, son. You just fucked up everything and now- now I guess it is your time to go. You can follow with your mother. Now, don't you think that in the first place you shouldn't have gotten in love? Now look, the thing that you cherished the most will be the cause of your death."

Jihoon tightened his fists. He looked straight into Dowon's eyes, a look of determination was written against Jihoon's face.

"Love. That isn't how love works. You can sacrifice everything for a person because that's how love works. You just don't know it becauee you've never loved. If you look at it, you're the one pathetic.you kill the one you love for your own sake, haven't you had enough?! Don't you understand that it's time for you to stop?!"

Jihoon crossed the line.

He could mention anything. Just not Dowon's wife.

"You're pathetic. Taking people's lives won't solve your own problems. It's just going to make you regret them. So kill me if you want, just know that you'll get nothing out of it."

Dowon lifted his head, a smile appeared on his face. A smile that was inhuman.

"Gladly."

Dowon smiled even bigger before pulling the trigger. Making Jihoon's heart drop.

Blood poured across the floor as the gunshot was blown in the mansion.

❤️❤️❤️