f o r t y t w o

____________

m o o n
n e c k l a c e

42

💫⭐️💫

____________

Jihoon falls to the ground, unharmed.

He looks next to him, he sees a pool of blood on Chunhua's body.

She pushed him out of the way. Was it possible for her to react that fast to something like that?

Jihoon didn't think twice. He quickly went by her side, trying to stop the blood by removing his jacket and placing it on her heart where she had been shot.

"God dammit Mikyung stay with me!" He cried, his tears going down to her cheeks. She was still conscious but he was sure that it would only stay like that for a few seconds.

"Jihoon, please. Promise me that whatever happens, don't give up. Here, Soonyoung is hidden at the basement of Lee High Malls. Jihoon, you're the weirdest person ever. You were like a brother to me. You and Soonyoung are so strange, your love for each other is something I've never seen before. Continue that love, please and don't give up."

Jihoon watched as her eyelids soon started to close. "MIKYUNG! DON'T FUCKING DO THIS! DON'T LEAVE ME! MIKYUNG!" He screamed. This feeling he had was something he had before, the feeling of having a sacrifice. but now nothing changed. He still lost at the end.

"MIKYUNG, PLEASE... DON'T GO!" He felt himself holding her pale hand while he continued to shake.

His friend that he made, the friend that betrayed him but soon sacrificed her life for him at the end. She was gone.

He cried louder and louder, hugging her dead corpse while the blood stained his hands a bit.

He stayed there for minutes, he forgot that he was in war. A war that he needes to win. A war where he was the one who needs to survive.

He stands up. His eyes showing something else. Something that Dowon never seen before. It was like he was reborn, a new person was made out of him, a new person was replacing Jihoon.

His eyes were not the same brown that he knew before, it was a color of orange. Dowon eyed something at his neck. It was a necklace. A necklace that he's never seen before in shops, it looked unordinary. It was glowing bright.

Dowon felt himself getting choked. He looked above him and saw Jian holding a phone while choking him. This made him drop his gun. "Hello? Yes I have a man who just killed an innocent girl. Yes. Thank you."

He ended the call, glaring into Dowon's eyes. "Geez Dowon, now you're the one with fear in your eyes," He smirked.

Dowon felt himself shiver. He didn't like this, he was scared. Jian quickly let Dowon go in order so that Jihoon could see his father. Jian then quickly held both of Dowon's arms, stretching them to make sure he doesn't leave.

"Haven't you had enough? Aren't you tired of continuously sacrificing lives for your own sake? You're crazy. Don't you see what you did? You said that she was your favorite employee. Yet, you killed her."Jihoon glared. His new set of orange eyes staring down at Dowon.

"They were innocent. No harm. And yet you still have the guts to point a gun at them and threaten them just for your enjoyment."

He felt the maids and butlers eyes lower. Their knives dropped to the ground. Jihoon had a point, and everyone knew that.

"I wouldn't want you with me. I don't think I can even call you my father." He leaves.

Dowon stood there. He didn't know what to say. For one time in his life, he actually lost.

Jihoon walked back and took the keys out of Chunhua's cold dead fingers. He watched as Jian tied Jihoon's father up with a thick rope, trying to make sure the old man won't leave.

Jihoon felt the tears some down from his eyes. It was done. The only thing he needed to do was save Soonyoung.

He dropped in front of Chunhua's corpse. What hurt Jihoon the most was there were still a smile on her face.

He wiped his tears as he covered her with the jacket to pay respect.

Jihoon stood up as he felt someone tap his shoulder. It was Jian. His hair was a tossed up mess and there was slight blood on his shirt. "You're going to save this Soonyoung guy, right?"

Jihoon nodded. He didn't know why but he was sure that this time he can finally trust him. He helped him from his father, even if they just met, he could tell that they were going to be close.

"Let me come. I'll help you and I also have a brother who lives in Korea who I miss." Jian smiled to Jihoon who just nodded.

Jian didn't say anything more. He knew that Jihoon was going through a lot. His father who was going to prison in a few hours, his friend who just died, and his love not being with him through all this pain.

"Look kid, remember this. In life, your road isn't always straight. There's going to be problems on your way and you can't do anything about it. Do only thing you could do is to believe in yourself and keep pushing foward. Got it?" Jian patted his shoulder, which Jihoon just nodded.

He was right. In the end he just needed to accept it even if it hurt too much.

He looked one last look at the mansion before turning to Jian, a small smile appeared on his face.

"Let's go."

❤️❤️❤️