t w e n t y t h r e e

____________

m o o n
n e c k l a c e

23

💫⭐️💫

____________

"Nini? Are you okay?"

Jihoon was snapped out of his thoughts. His heart continued to beat fast as he stood up by reflex, he scratched the back of his neck, nervous.

"Y-yeah... I just... Zoned out for a bit. Sorry." Jihoon avoided his gaze. If one thing was for sure, it was sure that he didn't want to look straight into his eyes just to fall back in.

"You sure?" Soonyoung asked, staying in his place. Jihoon quietly nodded.

Soonyoung stood and smiled. He looked around for a while before he pointed to a ice cream store. "There!" Soonyoung said happily while Jihoon stayed there, confused.

Jihoon looks behind him and just sees Soonyoung running to an ice cream store. Jihoon sighs as he catched up to him, his cheeks still red.

As they entered, they could already feel the cold air that was inside the store. The happy music that played in the background gave everyone there positive energy.

Jihoon looked around the store, noticing the dozens of costumers. It wasn't just any ice cream store, it was huge. Their long menu over the cashier could feed about hundreds of people.

Jihoon smiled as he immediately went up the cashier to buy. Soonyoung laughed as he watched Jihoon run happily like a child.

Click!

Soonyoung heard, he looked behind him but failed to see anything. The only thing that was there were the same people that entered a while ago.

He shrugged as he turned back to Jihoon, who had just finished ordering. Jihoon smiled and to Soonyoung, who was still standing in the front of the entrance.

"What'd did you get?" Soonyoung asked, grabbing one of the ice cream's that was placed on Jihoon's hand a while ago.

Jihoon shrugged as he started to lick his ice cream, after which smiled big. "That's really good. I wish I could have this everyday. But I can't..." Jihoon frowned as Soonyoung laughed.

They sat on a table that was in the corner of the shop. Jihoon continued to lick his ice cream while Soonyoung looked... troubled.

Jihoon noticed this and stopped for a moment. He looked up to Soonyoung who hasn't even touched his food.

"Hey, are you ok?" Jihoon asked, waiting for a response. Soonyoung sighed as he sat more comfortable, though he still wasn't meeting Jihoon's eyes.

"Yes, but no. I mean- look. The reason I brought you here is because I wanted to talk about something."

Jihoon's heartbeat quickened. He could feel his palms getting sweaty, making him shift uncomfortably.

"W-well... The thing is, I-I... I've been having dreams about you, Ni."

The atmosphere tensed. As soon as he dropped those words, Soonyoung looked at him intensely.

But it was familiar, those that mean that they've had dreams of each other?

Soonyoung bit his lip before speaking again, "It happened ever since we first properly met. I don't know why but, it wasn't like my other dreams. I felt more connected to it. It felt like it was real. And ever since then, my dreams have been getting worse. More details started to appear so it meant that I could understand what was happening even better. But it was in a bad way. The dream was torture. It felt like I was chained to watch this horror movie I had no control of."

Jihoon stayed quiet. "And I think that it was showing me the past. Your past, Ni. So please, tell me. Who are you, Lee Jihoon?"

Jihoon stared at him blankly. Soonyoung's eyes gave a serious look to him.

Who are you?

The phrase circled his mind.

He kept it a secret for a long time. Only Mingyu and Seungcheol were the only ones who knew his true identity. But was he ready to even tell someone who he just knew for a few weeks?

Jihoon was about to speak, about to reject everything. Until something stopped him. He wasn't sure what, but it felt... Weird. Like there was something stuck in his throat that made him unable to speak. He felt like he was being choked, but not in a very abusive way.

He tries to speak, but all of his words were swallowed back. Jihoon touched his neck, he can feel a tingling sensation in it.

He tried once again but this time, something else stopped him.

He looked at Soonyoung. He looked determined. Determined to find answers. He looked nervous, yes. But the way he looked was like no other.

"I-I... My dad..." Jihoon started. Soonyoung shifted in his seat, making sure to listen to every word that he was about to drop.

"My mom and dad, Lee Dowon and Lee Jiyoung. They own the biggest malls in Korea to date. Though, most people say that they're rumored to have a son. When I turned old enough, I moved here with some of my maids and butlers. Once I graduated, it was already planned that I will take my place as someone in a Lee family. But it couldn't continue. Mingyu was my closest friend in high school so we decided to live with each other. But, now, I'm supposed to go to China with my father. But I don't know what I'll do there nor do I know if it is safe."

Jihoon finished. Soonyoung looked at him with a suprised expression on his face. He was someone who was easy to read, it was obvious that he was a little confused about what was happening.

Soonyoung opened his mouth, wanting to speak. Until he noticed something. The slow tears that fell down from Jihoon's cheeks.

Soonyoung didn't know what to do. So he just sat there. He wanted to help, he really wanted to. But he wasn't sure what to do.

Soonyoung bit his tongue, he looked at Jihoon's hand that was still placed on top of the table.

He grabs it and squeezes it tightly, making Jihoon look up to him.

Tears were Till forming in his eyes. It wasn't as big as before, but tried to stop as Soonyoung looked at him with a sweet smile.

"I understand you, Ni. I just need to let you know that I'm here for you. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. You shouldn't hide feelings like that and keep them bottled up because if you do, nothing good will come out of it. It is better to tell someone about what you've been feeling so you can help yourself as well. Please-"

Soonyoung wasn't able to finish his sentence. He felt Jihoon stand up immediately and hug Soonyoung's shoulder, crying on it.

Soonyoung smiled as he combed back Jihoon's hair.

Telling someone about your past must be hard. Especially when you've hard a hard time while just bottling them all up.

Soonyoung smiled and hugged back Jihoon tighter. "I'll be here for you, forever and always."

❤️❤️🖤