t w e n t y f i v e

____________

m o o n
n e c k l a c e

25

💫⭐️💫

____________

Soonyoung jumped back, realizing what he has done.

He quickly sits back on his chair which made the balance get back to the cart.

Soonyoung looks at Jihoon, his face was suprised and red. Which made Soonyoung feel guilty.

The second-long memory came back to him. He remembered he accidentally fell, which made him peck Jihoon on the lips.

He could slowly feel his face heat up.

Did I just... kiss... Jihoon???

Jihoon looked away fast, he didn't say anything. Soonyoung held his breath. Carefully, he touched his lips, trying to not make it that obvious so that Jihoon won't see.

The moment he touched his lips, his heart raced fast. He didn't suspect it that this was the place, the place where he would have his first kiss.

They weren't able to focus and they didn't feel the ride ending. As soon as the worker opened the gate, Jihoon got out of the cart. "I-I n-need to go somewhere..." Jihoon said before running away.

"W-wait!" Soonyoung outstretched his arms, trying to catch Jihoon but it was too late. Soonyoung let down his arm, sighing.

He felt himself falling. He sat back down. His had down low.

He blew it. He wanted to make a cool memory with him and Jihoon but instead, it's like they'll get even more distant after this day.

But why... Why did he enjoy it?

Even if it was for less than a second, he felt happy. Isn't he supposed to be mad? It was wrong to kiss Jihoon, but at the same time, why does it feel so right?

He gulped. His heart continued to beat fast. He has never felt more confused in his life.

He could feel his face burn up.

It was enjoyable. But he doesn't want to break his friendship with Jihoon. If he had to choose the kiss or their friendship, he would choose their friendship.

Soonyoung slowly stood up. He needs to talk to Jihoon, maybe both of them should just forget that happened. Maybe they should just forget the way how his heart raced rapidly. He needs to act like nothing happened.

Forget, forget, forget.

But why? Why can't he forget it? Why can't the memory just erase in his head?

Why?

🌙

Jihoon ran quickly to the restroom.

He locked the door and headed to the mirror.

He stared at his reflection. His face looked heated up, he was sweating nervously.

We're friends, right?

They're supposed to be friends. But do friends do things like that? Do friends act the way like how they act on each other?

Do friends have their heart beat fast for one another?

He could feel himself slowly fall on the floor. He felt sick. He felt so confused.

First, his heart beats rappidly for him, then he opens up to him. And now they just kissed.

Jihoon touched his lips. He saw how Soonyoung's face was a while ago. He also looked scared when it happened. But he looked even more nervous than Jihoon.

He could feel his heart beat fast.

He never felt this way for Seungcheol. When they had their first kiss it felt like nothing to him. It felt like there was no connection.

But the connection for them was strong. Like there was something pulling them together, but what was it?

Jihoon tried to breathe. He needes to calm down. Maybe this was all just in his head. It wasn't real. It can't be.

He promised himself that he would never fall for anyone. He promised himself that he would never trust in love ever again.

But why? Even if he promised himself this, he couldn't stop his heart from beating.

He doesn't like Soonyoung, and he never will.

R-right...?

🌙

Jihoon flopped on his bed, tired.

He texted his friends that he was feeling really sick and that he wanted to go home.

He looks back on what happened. He ran away from Soonyoung without a reasonable explanation.

He clutched his heart. Did he get hurt?

What it Soonyoung thought I was mad at him? I'm not. The only thing I'm mad about is myself. It wasn't his fault it happened. It was an accident.

He lies down properly. How was he sipposed to explain it to him? How was he supposed to explain that he didn't run away by choice and that he only ran away because he was scared.

At that time, he didn't know how to react. He would always just run away from his problems rather than face it head on. Even if he knew that it would always bring a bad end.

He looks over beside him when he heard buzzing from his phone. He picks it up. There he saw a text from the person he didn't want to talk with the most.

Soonie:
Hey.

Jihoon doesn't reply. He just watched as Soonyoung continued to type.

Soonie:
I wanted to tell this to you in person but the others said that you were sick. I hope you get well soon.

Soonie:
Anyway, im sorry for kissing you a while ago.

Jihoon felt his cheeks heat up again and his heart started beating fast.

Soonie:
It was a really dumb thing to do. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable.

Soonie:
I dont want such a simple thing to ruin our friendship.

Soonie:
So please, can i ask u a favor?

Soonie:
Can we just forget what happened?

Jihoon could feel his heart ache. He didn't know why but that made him sad and disappointed at himself for some reason.

Soonie:
Im so sorry for acting that way a while ago. I hope you forgive me.

Nini:
lol

Soonie:
Ni? U finally replied!

Soonie:
About what i said, let's just forget it :))

Nini:
sure.

Soonie:
Yey! You're not mad at me???

Nini:
no

Soonie:
Thats great, then!

Soonie:
Anyways, night. Hope you get better soon!

Nini:
thanks.

Just like that, he felt his heart shatter. He fixed his friendship with Soonyoung, but it was like it hurt him somehow. He didn't know how but it did.

He clutched his heart, trying to forget what happened. He needs to forget it. For Soonyoung's sake.

Even if forgetting that special moment he had would end up hurting him in the inside.

❤️❤️🖤