f o r t y f o u r

____________

m o o n
n e c k l a c e

44

💫⭐️💫

____________

Jihoon hugged himself, his thoughts occupying himself.

They got to the plane. They left even before the police got there to pick up Dowon. Jihoon said they should do it so that they could get to Korea 'the earlier the better'. But Jian could tell that he justs didn't want to see his father anymore.

It was Jihoon's first time on a public plane, he was next to two strangers while he was sitting on the window seat. Dawn came while Jihoon cried the whole time.

Chunhua's gone.

His dad's going to jail.

He might not save Soonyoung.

Those three thoughts gave him anxiousness the whole time. While they were going to the airport, Jian didn't dare to say a word to him. He believed it was better to let him go.

He held his flower tight, it was the only thing that remined him of Soonyoung at the moment. He didn't want to lose it. After all that he's been through, he just wants everything to stop.

"Please..."

🌙

They didn't go to any hotel of sorts. Jihoon called Mingyu once, only to tell him that he was there in Korea. Mingyu asked a lot of questions but Jihoon just ignored it. But one thing that Mingyu said gave him the chills, all these days, Soonyoung didn't come home.

He sighed. Both of them were in front of the mall. It wasn't open yet since it was too early. The front door was locked with some chains and so was every other door.

"So, what do we do Mr. Lee?" Jian teased, smirking. The mall was big from the outside. There was a big sign in the front that read 'Lee High Malls'.

Jihoon didn't say anything. He continued to walk to the door, grabbing a fire extinguisher that was outside of the mall.

"Holy Crap Jihoon, don't tell me you're going to-" Jian couldn't continue, as soon as he finished his sentence, Jihoon broke the door, leaving shards of glass everywhere.

Jian sighed, following after Jihoon who was going inside. "We could've used a key that was under a flower pot or something. But hey, you do you, kid." Jian laughed quietly as they both entered the mall.

It was dark. No sign of soul nor human. The stores were locked down with chains while the dust was gathered everywhere. "Mikyung said that Soonyoung was in the basement. But is there even a basement in this huge ass mall?" Jihoon looked around, his voice echoed throughout all 20 floors.

Jian looked at him and shrugged, "I don't think so. But maybe we should be quieter. I don't know why but the mall's gonna open soon and it's crazy that there's absolutely no one in this place. If you ask me, I think it's some sort of trap." Jian's voice echoed.

They walked until they found a floor plan that was sticking next to an elevator, Jian looked at it while scratchibg his head. "This doesn't look right. It says here that the basement is kind of like the parking lot, but why would they kidnap someone in a parking lot?" Jian sighed. His head was spinning. Jihoon nodded while trying to understand the floor plan more.

"Maybe this isn't the actual floor plan? What if there's like some real map somewhere that they just hid..." Jihoon said, walking around the mall. He tried to look around to find a piece of paper.