t h i r t y t h r e e

____________

m o o n
n e c k l a c e

33

💫⭐️💫

____________

Soonyoung smiled. Today was the day.

The day where he was gonna ask Jihoon to be all his.

Mikyung texted him yesterday, saying that they'll both meet at the café. And that's when Soobyoung knew, this was the day he was finally gonna ask him.

He ducked out all of the chairs and tables, only leving behind one set. The exact table and chair where they met for the first time. Jihoon was crying that day, but if he wouldn't cry that day, they probably would've never met each other.

He was excited, today he knew that they could finally love each other and get closer as lovers.

He heard the bell ring, excitement and nervousness rushed into him the second he heard it.

He ran to the door, trying to look as princely as possible. Until he stopped.

Jihoon looked wrong. He was wearing a tux and his hair was neatly kept. But there was something wrong with his face. It was like he'd been crying. His eyes were red and puffy, his cheeks still had stains. He looked tired, but this never stopped Soonyoung.

"Hey, are you okay-"

"Let's drop this."

Soonyoung looked at him. He never expected him to be like this. His smile was gone, they were now replaced with eyes of hatred and fear.

"What do you mean? Nini, are you alright? Do you want me to take you home-"

"SOONYOUNG LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE. CAN'T YOU SEE?! I DON'T NEED YOU RIGHT NOW. PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU. I KNOW YOU DON'T LOVE ME AS WELL SO JUST DROP THE ACT. I'M SO FUCKING TIRED OF IT! I'M SO FUCKING TIRED OF ALL OF YOU LYING TO ME! PLEASE, IT HURTS ALREADY. DON'T YOU GUYS KNOW WHEN TO STOP?!" Jihoon cried, he drops to the ground, weak. He wiped his tears with his sleeve.

Soonyoung looked at him, confused. "Nini, what are you talking about, I'm not lying to you. I'll never lie to you. I love you Jihoon and we promised each other that we'll never lie to each other, remember? Tell me what's wrong, please." Soonyoung sat down. He gently held Jihoon's hands, unafraid.

"Please... Soonyoung, I'm begging you. Let's stop this. Stop loving me... Please..." Jihoon cried, he wasn't screaming. It was like he was begging.

Soonyoung stared at him. "Nini, I-"

Jihoon pushed him away, he ran to the corner of the café, leaving him on the ground. "I SAID STOP IT, SOONYOUNG! DON'T CALL ME THAT STUPID FUCKING NAME. DO ME A FAVOR FOR ONCE AND SHUT UP. CAN'T YOU SEE?! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE. YOU NEVER HELPED ME EVEN ONCE. JUST FUCKING GO AWAY!" Jihoon screamed, his eyes showed anger. His whole face showed how tired he was.

"I won't go away, Jihoon. I don't know what you're talking about. I love you. You make me feel so happy, when you smile at me all my problems go away like poof. So please, where's the Jihoon I know?" Soonyoung smiled. Jihoon would melt up with that smile.

He could tell it wasn't faked. But he knew this was the only way, to save him and Soonyoung. "Stop trying. Why are you even fighting back? Normally people would just get it and fucking leave. You're annoying. You won't fucking stop insisting."

Soonyoung walked closer, "Because that's how love works. You need to love a person full heartedly, no take backs. You need to love them forever and always. And Jihoon, I love you and I know you do too. I don't know what's up with you today and what's wrong with you, but I just know that this isn't you. Where's the Jihoon that is always supporting and smiley? Where's the Jihoon that always acted cute around me? Where's the Jihoon I love?"

Jihoon stopped. He looked directly into Soonyoung's eyes. Maybe it was the last time he was going to see Soonyoung's sparkling eyes.

The last time he saw Soonyoung they were so romantic to each other, but now it felt like Jihoon saw Soonyoung as an enemy.

"You're so fucking stupid, Soonyoung." Jihoon removed their gaze. "I don't love you. I never had. I never loved you and never will. Why would I love someone like you? So just get the hint and leave me alone-"

He stopped. He felt arms wrap around him tightly. Jihoon opened his eyes. Soonyoung.

He was hugging him.

"It's alright if you don't love me. I just know that I love you. And we made a promise. I'll never leave your side, forever and always." Soonyoung smiled. He tightened his grip.

He felt Jihoon's tears slowly drop unto his shirt. He hugged back. "I-I don't love you... But why when everytime I see you, there's butterflies in my tummy? What are you making me feel, Kwon Soonyoung? You're making me feel different emotions. One if them is the fact that I'm starting to fall for you..." Jihoon cried, he didn't know how to feel. He needs to say goodbye, but why does his heart say something else.

"I love you, Lee Jihoon. Forever and always and I'll always be by your side, always." Soonyoung smiled. But Jihoon, couldn't answer. He let go of Soonyoung and walked out of the café, regret following his every step.

"Bye, Soonyoung."

That was the last thing he said to Soonyoung when he left.

❤️❤️❤️