s e v e n t e e n

____________

m o o n
n e c k l a c e

17

💫⭐️💫

____________

A week had passed. Soonyoung still couldn't get it off his mind.

He sits down in the café's chair in his own table, his earphones plugged in, his eyes slowly falling asleep.

I've been getting the same dream. But each night, the dream had more detail. I could hear the words clearer. And the blood turned even redder.

Jihoon still couldn't face Soonyoung after that night. Well, what else was he supposed to say? How can he even comfort someone who already suffered the pain?

But something also had been bothering him. Lately, he's been getting these random visions. Visions where he could feel himself in the crime scene of the murder. Where beside him in his visions would be Soonyoung crying, and on his other side would be Soonji getting taken to a hospital.

These two bothered him, always.

So he just stood a distance.

In another table, he, Wonwoo and Lisa were playing card games while Mikyung was also in the table, though she wasn't paying attention. She focused more on her phone with a stressed look on her face.

"Uno!"

"That's unfair you didn't even put the card down yet!" Lisa pouted.

Jihoon laughed and listened to their conversations, putting a word in or two but he still couldn't ignore Soonyoung who was silently looking sad.

While, the game, he took small glances to him but each glance made hi heart hurt. He didn't know why, but it did.

He stands up, puts his cards on the table face down and heads towards Soonyoung. "Hey! Where are you going? We haven't even finished the game yet!" Lisa called.

Jihoon shrugged as he continued to walk in his direction. He arrived in front of the table and caught Soonyoung's attention, making him raise a brow.

"Yes?"

Jihoon didn't say anything except he just sat across him, making the other wonder.

"Do you need anything?" Soonyoung asks removing his earphones. Jihoon instead looks directly into his eyes, giving a deathly stare almost.

"Look. Are you okay? You've been a lot... Quiet recently. Are you sick?" Jihoon's deathly stare turned into worried eyes, making Soonyoung smirk.

"Why? Are you worried?~" soonyoung teased while Jihoon gave him the bro-what-the-fuck-no face.

"Kay fineeee. You got me. I just have a lot on my mind recently." Soonyoung looks outside the window. The afternoon sun shining brightly on his face.

"Like?" Jihoon asked. Soonyoung looked at him and sighed.

"I mean, uh, I dunno. Dumb stuff I guess. Stop interrogating me!" He pouted. Jihoon rolled his eyes and kick his leg under the table which made Soonyoung yelp in pain.

"Dumbass I know you're hiding something. Just fucking spill."

This time Jihoon's attitude changed. He looked serious.

Is this guy bipolar or something? His personality changes faster than my wifi.

Soonyoung sighed before looking at him straight in the eyes."This something that has been bothering me happened like 2 weeks ago. So you don't have to worry about it." He stuck his tongue out, smiling.

"Soonyoung, I'm serious. You're so distracted. You can't even do simple things in the café. You can't even talk to us properly. Heck, I think the ants here are more alive than you. Just, please. Tell me what's going on with you."

Soonyoung looked down. "You're like that too, I guess. Not that I'm complaining but- I mean I am but well I uh technically, you haven't been 'very alive' either. You only talk to the others, like you've been avoiding me. So you should know that I'm not the only one here who's been acting weird."

Jihoon stopped. He just looked at him, unsure. "I-I did..? I couldn't even notice. Well, the thing is-" Jihoon stops before trying to look at Soonyoung who was still avoiding his gaze. "- I don't know what to say to you anymore. I'm scared that if I say something, you'll get sad. Like the time that we were visiting your sister. Ever since then, something has been keeping me awake. Like a though I guess. It's scaring me, too. It kinda feels like I already know what happened to your sister. Like I was in the same place and the same situation. But other than that, I didn't know how to comfort you. I thought that what if you'll get hurt about what I have to say and stuff." Jihoon tried to avoid his gaze.

"Well how about no more 'what if's. I can tell that we're hiding a lot from each other and I don't think that's a good sign. So how about we make a small promise?" Soonyoung looked into Jihoon's eyes, a smirk coming from his lips.

"Like what?"

"That you'll be my... I dunno, freedom wall or something." Soonyoung said although he was looking away from embarrassment.

"Freedom wall?" Jihoon asked.

"When we were at school, our teacher would make us do a freedom wall where we would tell each other problems even if those problems may include very deep thoughts. I guess it was called freedom 'cause all of us were always scared to show our weaknesses cuz our school had the motto, 'always be happy'. So even if we were kinda breaking the rules by being not happy, we were able to express ourselves. And it's probably called wall cause we weren't allowed to judge each other. I know it's a pretty childish idea hut I realized that both of us are really bad at expressing ourselves and comforting each other, too. Like I guess we're those types of people who just hold their feeling in. So how about, starting today, you tell me your problems and I'll tell you mine. Is it a deal?"

Jihoon looked at him before Soonyoung reached his hand out.

Jihoon shook it and smiled, "Deal."

"Oh yeah! And there's one rule to our freedom wall. We aren't allowed to keep secrets. That's the only rule we have. You need to keep that rule, always, alright?"

Jihoon hesitated at first before answering. "Alright. As long as you return back to your old self."

"Of course. So um about my thing-"

"YES! I DID IT!" Soonyoung got interrupted by Mikyung who jumped up and down happily.

"What did you do?" Lisa asked.

"Well, I saw an ad where I could play a game and if I beat it, we could go to... Drumroll please." She stopped so that Lisa could tap her hands on the table imitating a drumroll.

"We're going to Galaxy World Amusement Park girls and boys!"

Her happy expression was infectious, as the edges of Wonwoo's lips started to curve.

"Seriously? That's like, one of the best in Seoul, actually, in Korea. That's amazing, how did you even-" Wonwoo paused as Mikyung continued.

"It wasn't easy. I spent almost two hours trying to beat the game. It was a puzzle game, but still, I think I just got lucky," she giggled.

"Hey, lovebirds! Did you hear that? We're going to the Amusement Park!" Lisa cheered, but the two still seemed confused.

"Did you hear me?" Lisa pulled out her phone and snapped a picture of the two. "Both of you look good together. I'm going to post this." She smiled as she swiped through the phone.

Jihoon snapped out of his thoughts and ran to Lisa trying to get the phone away from her. "Give it back!" "I'm not letting you post that!"

Although, Soonyoung smiled.

"Guess I'm lucky too, huh? At least I don't get to tell him."

I don't want to worry him, anyways.

I think I can handle myself

Hopefully

❤️❤️🖤