f o u r t e e n

____________

m o o n
n e c k l a c e

14

💫⭐️💫

____________

Soonyoung still couldn't distract himself away from his thoughts. The numerous possibilities that Jihoon may be the boy from his dreams are endless for him.

He relaxes on the bench, trying to enjoy the wonderful view. He watched the numerous people play and work at the park. There were even kids who played tag while they chased eachother. Some were old couples just sitting on the green grass as they were chatting to themselves.

A smile crept upon Soonyoung's face. This is kinda relaxing. The different people enjoying their normal lives. He can even spot a couple laughing to each other.

"God, Soonyoung. You look like a creep." Jihoon laughed as he licked his ice cream. Soonyoung looked next to him and pouted. "Says the guy that barges into someone's room and attack's him with a guitar."

Jihoon laughed as he hit him lightly, "Not my fault someone's late." They both laughed before Soonyoung remembers the guitar.

"Why'd you even bring it?" Soonyoung points to the black guitar case with purple strokes on the edges. Jihoon smiled. "I wanted to practice a bit. I'm working on a new song, but I haven't finished it yet."

Soonyoung's eyes widened, suprise and shock came out. "You can play!?" The shock that Soonyoung had made Jihoon laugh. Never has he once in his life seen a reaction like this.

Jihoon looks back to the person next to him and see his big puppy eyes on Soonyoung. "I wanna hear you play," Soonyoung pleaded. Jihoon rolled his eyes playfully and took his guitar of his case. "I'm only doing this because I have to practice. So don't get the wrong idea," Jihoon said trying to avoid the look that Soonyoung had on his face.

Jihoon takes a deep breath in before taking one final look at the view.

His fingers tensed before gently strumming the strings of the guitar with a beautiful melody.

Most of the time while he was playing, there were no words. Just him humming to himself. Until the chorus came where he sang beautifully.

"As the heart connected you and me
We were still happy
You, who isn't with me anymore

Although i dont want to see you i miss you
Although i hate you, i miss you
I don't understand my feelings either

What kind of future
will we meet at the end?
The heavens didn't let us know
Or because i was so stupid
I could not figure out the answer"

He stopped strumming the strings and stopped singing before stopping mid-way. He drops his hands to the sides of his guitar before looking back at Soonyoung, afraid of what he might say.

Soonyoung stared at Jihoon. The look of amazement was written in his eyes. He stared at Jihoon for a few seconds before starting to clap continuously, his smile still was present.

Soonyoung got closer to Jihoon like a little kid meeting his favorite superhero. "That was....so...cool!" His grin shined under the sun.

Jihoon raised his brow, "What do you mean? Most of the lyrics were just humming. I came up with the lyrics just now. It hasn't even been edited. How can you say it's so-"

"YOU DID THOSE LYRICS JUST NOW???" Soonyoung gasped and went closer to his face. Jihoon looked at him in confusion and slowly nodded.

Soonyoung looked at him for a few minutes, the bright sun shining on them slowly, the sound laughter accompanied both of them.

"That's amazing..."

Those lyrics were like someone spent their whole time making, if it those lyrics were made every second. Like someone dedicated their feelings into it.

Those words made Jihoon happy. The words made him want to go and do something amazing.

Jihoon looked away from Soonyoung and started to fiddle with his fingers.

Silence erupted them for a few seconds before Soonyoung spoke up, "You said you haven't finished it, right? Then let's finish it!" Without even looking at him, Jihoon could feel the warm smile that Soonyoung had on his lips.

Jihoon looked back at him, unable to process what he heard. "What?" The two stared at each other before Soonyoung started to hum the tune out loud.

Jihoon lifted his brows, still confused about what's happening. He just watched as Soonyoung started to hum his song.

"Are you just going to stare at me? I can't finish it by myself."

Jihoon looked at him dumbfounded. "Wait, you're gonna what?"

He wasn't able to continue his sentence before Soonyoung got out if the bench and started mimicking a guitar while humming to the lyrics, adding some slowly and slowly.

"I'm not as great at writing lyrics like you, but I'm gonna try my best!" The eye smile Soonyoung flashed could kill any man or woman. Suprisingly, it didn't kill Jihoon.

Giving up, Jihoon sat down at the grass and pulled out a notebook full of songs that some were already crossed out, he flipped through sone pages before getting his pencil and wrote.

What kind of future
By jihoon

What kind of future
By jihoon & soonyoung

He smiled at the first thing he added while watching as Soonyoung joked around by singing the lyrics while Jihoon watched as he added some one by one.

While singing, Soonyoung couldn't get the thought out of his head. He needed to ask Jihoon. He needed to satisfy his curiosity.

He looked at Jihoon as he was smiling and laughing with all of the lyrics engraved in the notebook. This was his chance to ask.

But how?

Jihoon looked so happy. There's no way that he and the little boy in Soonyoung's dream could be the same. The dots don't connect.

They look alike, I guess but that's it. I need to know what happened to him.

But maybe it isn't the right time.

He just met Jihoon a few days ago, and who is he now, a stranger that barely Jihoon even knew, to ask him such a sensitive question.

It doesn't make sense.

"You've been looking at me for a while. Is there something bothering you?"

Yes.

"No."

"You sure?"

I want to say it to you.

"Yep!"

"If you say so," Jihoon looked back to writing things in his notebook, leaving Soonyoung in his little world.

He watched as Jihoon hummed the notes while trying it in his guitar being satusfied with each lyric, each tone.

But each second made Soonyoung wonder.

There's no way that boy can be him, right?

❤️❤️🖤