10

seokjin resisted the urge to coo at the small boy and just settled for ruffling his hair. "aw sweetheart, i like you too. but everyone else does, as well, are you not gonna give them a chance?" he tried to encourage with a small rub to the little's back. yoongi shrugged and snuggled closer into seokjin's hold.

"what about hoseokie? wanna go see him?" seokjin asked, putting on fake excitement to encourage the boy to come with him. "seokie?" yoongi's chubby face looked up at the older who smiled fondly with a small nod. "nu-uh. jus' jinnie," yoongi remained stubborn before he buried his face into seokjin's buff chest.

"if you say so, cutie," seokjin agreed, his fingers once again coursing through yoongi's fluffy hair. yoongi smiled at the feeling of someone being so gentle with him, so caring and loving. it was so new to him and he wouldn't trade the feeling of contentment for the world.

he smiled happily when he felt himself get lifted into seokjin's arm. "ah you're a light baby aren't you?" seokjin said with a smile. yoongi giggled at him, a wide gummy smile on his face and seokjin felt his heart skip a beat.

"you're a cute baby, though, aren't you?" seokjin cooed as he tickled the younger's tummy, making him let out a small squeal. "you're the cutest baby!"

"jinnieee!" yoongi whined as he rested his head on the older's broad shoulder. "yes yoonie?" the latter replied with a fond smile. "y-yoonie's sleepy," yoongi replied, rubbing his eyes slightly. he hadn't slept much the previous night due to the gruesome sounds of his mother's moans.

seokjin thought for a second before he began walking towards the library. "it's nap time then, isn't it, sweetheart?" seokjin stated and yoongi smiled and nodded tiredly. seokjin walked into the library, ignoring the judging gazes of the other occupants.

he placed yoongi down onto one of the large bean bags in the back of the library. "sleep now, baby boy. jinnie will still be here when you wake up, yeah?" he comforted as he stroked the younger's hair. yoongi nodded with a smile as he felt sleep tugging at his eyelids. seokjin watched as yoongi drifted off into a deep slumber.

~~~

"h-huh?" yoongi mumbled as he awoke, large hands rubbing away the sleep in his eyes.

"ah.. yoonie, you're awake," seokjin smiled, looking away from his phone screen as he saw the other awaken.

yoongi froze when the memories swarmed him suddenly and he hid his face. "s-seokjin hyung?" he mumbled and the other rubbed his back comfortingly. "it's alright yoongi-ah... don't forget that i was the one who coaxed you into your headspace. let's not think about that, hm? let's think about getting to period 5 on time, yeah?" seokjin spoke with a soft voice that attracted yoongi like a moth to a flame.

yoongi nodded slowly as he stood up from the bean bag. "you've got music, yeah?" seokjin asked and yoongi nodded again, still not haven't mustered up the courage to speak.

seokjin took ahold of yoongi's hand and yoongi was quick to shove it away, telling himself that he had a reputation to uphold and that he can't risk revealing to the school how weak he believed he was.

seokjin sighed but maintained his warm smile nonetheless as the two made their way to their lesson.

seokjin walked in first as yoongi waited outside, not wanting to walk in with him out of 'fear of being classed as a nerd'. seokjin only sighed as he stepped into the classroom, taking his seat next to namjoon.

5 minutes passed and seokjin assumed yoongi had decided to skip, yet he was proved wrong when the pale boy walked in with a poker face and stone cold gaze.

"min yoongi, you're la~"
"late, yeah, yeah whatever. i know, man," yoongi cut their teacher, mr bang, off. mr bang raised his eyebrow at the attitude but brushed it off nonetheless.

for the majority of the lesson, yoongi was in his own world. listening to the criticises in his head, wondering what his messed up mother was doing, and thinking back to how namjoon had told 6 people of his little space.

he was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard mr bang's words: "~and for this project, you will be placed in groups. i would let you choose your own but after what happened last time with mingi and youngjo... i'd rather not,"

oh fuck.
socialising.

yoongi thought, a pit of anxiety and nervousness suddenly pooling in his gut, yet he managed to maintain his poker face.

"group 1 is: park jisoo, im nayeon, yoo jeongyeon, hirai momo, minatozaki sana, myoui mina, kim dahyun, son chaeyoung~" yoongi held back a sigh knowing that he wouldn't be with his best friend "~and chou tzuyu,"

he groaned when he heard the sound of 9 girls squeal and giggle, yet he couldn't hold back the smile when he saw the way chae young's eyes glistened as they locked with mina's. 'they're both such lucky girls to have each other' he said silently to himself.

"group 2 will be, kim namjoon, kim seokjin, jung hoseok, park jimin, kim taehyung, jeon jeongguk and min yoongi~"

"what?!" yoongi called out, just the thought of working with these '6 nerds' who knew his utmost biggest secret making him want to burst into tears right then and there. "no! fuck no am i working with those little fucking freaks!" he protested loudly.

mr bang rolled his eyes and shook his head. "not my problem, yoongi. but if you were actually listening, you would've heard me when i said this project goes towards your final grade," the teacher argued back nonchalantly.

yoongi groaned again and once again felt like crying. he looked back at the 6 who seemed way too excited for their own good as me bang went off to list the other groups. why was it always him who had to suffer?

he cringed as he made his way towards his assigned group, looking away when jimin pushed his glasses up. he couldn't deny that the younger was actually hot.

"your house first, yeah hyung?!" taehyung exclaimed as he looked towards yoongi. yoongi's eyes widened and he was quick to decline. over his dead body would he let those 6 witness his horrific home life.

"fine then~ we'll go to jin hyung's. his family'a rich so there will be a lot of room!" taehyung said as he turned towards seokjin with a smile. seokjin agreed and sent a sympathetic smile towards yoongi who just shook his head.

yoongi just scoffed as he turned to leave the classroom, not even bothering to go to the following ones.

hiii
my mum hates me lmao
but
i love you
so don't be sad
bc i love you
and i wanna hug you
bc you might be sad
and i don't want you to be sad
bc i love you
ok?
ok.