21

yoongi walked into school the next day with his head hung, the previous night's events etched into his fragile mind.

he didn't smile, not even when mingi and yunho fought over their height, nor when he found out he got the highest score in their english exam.

he sat in his music lesson, biting his nails as he tried to pay attention to mr bang, not the 6 annoying boys behind him, and especially not the terrorising memories that were haunting him through the day.

he started at chaeyoung's empty seat, feeling the ache in his heart when he remembered how he was now unable to talk to her at all.

- yoongi laid awake, hours after the most terrifying moments of his life. the clock read 4:15 pm and he groaned.

he pulled out is phone from its place on his bedside table and messaged his favourite insomniac who he knew would be awake.

me:
chae 🥺 I cant sleep... something horrible happened

sorry, you are unable to send messages to this person, please try again later.

"

s-she blocked me?" he whispered to himself as he tried again, only to get the same answer over and over.

yoongi felt a tear roll down his cheek as his heart was suddenly filled with an empty void. he couldnt have lost his best friend so quickly...-

"yoongi!" he was snapped out of his daydream by the sound of mr bang slamming his hands onto his desk. "h-huh?!" he gasped as he looked up at him.

"can you tell me what youngjo just said?" mr bang asked. yoongi bit his lip and looked around him at the students whispering amongst themselves. he shook his head no and mr bang frowned.

"why are you here if you're not gonna pay attention to my class, yoongi?"
"my mom forces me to. if it was up to me, i'd still  be asleep," yoongi replied bluntly and listened to the snickers.

"yoongi, I am not in the mood for your attitude, get out!"

yoongi jumped at the booming voice and stared at him in shock. mr bang was always one of yoongi's calmer teachers who mostly let yoongi get away with misbehaving.

he bit his lip as packed his bag, throwing it over his shoulder silently as he walked out of the classroom without his usual fuss.

seokjin watched yoongi leave with his head hung, sharing a glance with hoseok before turning back to mr bang.

"something's wrong with him, hobi," seokjin whispered. hoseok nodded and raised his hand. "sir! may i go to the bathroom?"

mr bang thought for a few seconds before nodding. "be quick, hoseok," he told him as the student scurried out of the classroom to catch up to yoongi.

"baby!" he called out and yoongi turned to face him. "what?" he spat. hoseok sighed and looked at him. "are you okay?" he asked.

yoongi shrugged and turned around and began walking again. "something happened, I'm not gonna force you to tell me what happened, just let me help you take your mind of it... please baby boy?"

yoongi stopped and remained silent for a while before slowly turning to face hoseok. "m-mommy... don' love me anymore," yoongi spoke with a sad pout.

hoseok pulled him into his arms and kissed his cheek. "what are you talking about, yoonie bear? of course mommy loves you,"
yoongi just shook his head and pulled out his phone to show hoseok just what he meant.