Chapter 17: The Awakening

''Ziro? Hey Ziro! Buddy! Wake up!'' A voice echoes. The voice becomes clearer and clearer by the second, shaking me awake from my dream.
I awake startled and scream: "RINA--" 

But where I sat up so quickly I collide foreheads with Lido.
"--OW!" Lido instantly reels back, clutching a hand to his head. "Well that hurt!" 

I become aware of my surroundings, realizing it was just a dream.
"I'm sorry..." I apologize with a shaky breath.
"Having a nightmare again?" Lido recovers quickly, sitting down beside me on the mattress with worry etching his features. I nod slightly in response.
"You seem to be having nightmares a lot lately. Are you okay?" Lido puts his arm around me.
"Yeah, I'm fine. I just... need to calm down a little." I answer, though my voice still trembles.
"I'll make us some breakfast. Maybe that will make you feel better?" Lido suggests, getting up.

"Yeah, thanks..." I smile after him as he goes off into the kitchen. It's all I can manage right now.
''No problem. Just rest a while longer okay?''
"Okay." I reply, laying myself back down on the mattress and resting my eyes for a small moment. I take a deep breath, doing my best to calm myself.

My nose recognizes the smell of bread toasting and I hear the clink of the glasses as Lido prepares our drinks. I almost nod off, until Lido gently shakes me awake.

"Dinner is served!" He says, proudly.
I stand up yawning and stumble towards the table. I push the chair backwards and let myself down on the seat.
We enjoy the simple, but delicious breakfast and get ready to head out. Lido grabs the supplies  from the kitchen's counter and waits at the door while I tie my shoes. 

''Wait.'' I say after I finish tying my shoelaces. ''Maybe, we should go a little undercover. If you know what I mean.'' I cautiously glance outside.

''Right, perhaps they are on the lookout for us from yesterday.'' Lido responds. He makes his way up the stairs and comes back with a weary carton box with cloths spilling out from the top.

''Pick whatever you like.'' He suggests as he puts the box with the clothes and many other things down on the ground. I scavenge through it and eventually find a nice combination.
I put dark sunglasses on, a shirt with a vest and a Fedora hat. Lido pulls out tinted glasses, a smiley t-shirt, and a beret. I let out a short laugh after I see Lido's outfit. It is funny to see him with a beret on his head for the first time.