06. My rose garden dreams, set on fire by fiends

The two arrived at Jin's apartment building, Jin took a breath not wanting the see a reminder of the events from last night. RM parked the truck in front, his truck wasn't the type of car that would be in front of an expensive complex like this. He turned to RM, "thanks." He said in a low tone. Still mad at the other for almost threatening his life. RM just nodded; as soon as Jin got out he closed the door, another door closed. Jin turned already seeing RM by his side. "Wh-"

"Have to make sure you're safe inside."

He tilted his head, Jin knitted his brows in confusion.

"You'll thank me later. Let's go." Jin was suspicious of RM's sudden concern for him. One minute he's being a savage, next minute he wants to make sure he's safe in his home. Too weird.

Jin entered the building, the floor was a white marble, it honestly looked like a hotel lobby, there were leather chairs, big marble pillars, even a small bar. Jin was living the luxury life, that's all he knew.

He came up to the small concierge post by the elevators. "Good Morning, Mr. Kim!" A cherry voice said, nearly scaring Jin. It was the new trainee, BamBam.

"Jesus BamBam its only 11. Why are you so happy?" Jin liked BamBam's happiness it was contagious, but given the circumstances he wasn't feeling it at the moment. "Just happy to be happy sir!" He said with a smile. His eyes floated to RM, he was watching Jin like a hawk.

"Hello, sir. My name is BamBam. How are you?" He said with a huge smile. RM didn't respond, in fact he just blinked, then went back to looking at Jin. Jin signed the booklet, as he turned to RM then back at BamBam. Bam smile fell.

"My apologies, Bam. He's kinda shy." BamBam nodded as his frown lifted some. "It's okay, have a good day. Mr. Kim! Mr. Kim's friend." He said as the two waited for the elevator. As it dinged open the two got in, the door closed. Jin turned to RM. the immortal still looked straight.

"You didn't have to be rude, the kid was just doing his job." He commented. "I don't associate with humans unless I have too. If he pertains to the situation there will be dialogue. If not then it's irrelevant." He said still looking forward. Jin scoffed.

"Word it anyway you want, your still being an ass." He said. RM turned his neck to the side, looking Jin in the eyes. Jin arched a brow, holding his ground to the creature. Everything was alright till RM moved in closer, Jin wasn't sure what the immortal was doing. When there faces were inches apart, he caught the hint.

"What are you doing- No! Stop!" The door dinged open on Jin's floor. Now this wasn't a good look for anyone who was on the other side of the door. Which happened to be Jin's mother.

His mother was a true Kim woman, she was confident and gorgeous. She was wearing a long Gucci mink coat, her black hair down her back. Not a inch of gray considering the woman was in her mid 40s. She kept in shape, appearance was everything to the Kim's. She wore a red dress under her coat along with a pair of beige Lou-Boutines. She had a clutch purse in her hand, after receiving that phone call from Joohyun's cousin last night. The first thing she wanted to do was check up on her son, possibly take him to a brunch to mingle and get his mind off the runaway bride.

RM was caught cuffing Jin's cheek, he was a bit too close for comfort to the human. From her point of view it looked like the two were about to share a kiss. Jin stared wide eye at his mother, she too stared back in return at the two. Jin regain his composure as he got off the elevator RM got off behind him, it closed going down.

"Mom! It's not what it looks like. I had something on my face and he was getting it for me, I swear!"

Jin was just blabbing at the mouth, trying to explain himself. His mother's eyes drifted to RM, as he too just watched Jin. Knowing his attempt was futile. And his mother knew this.

"Jin, honey it's okay." She took her son's hands. She smiled big. "I get it, Joohyun leaving you and you found comfort in someone else?" She nodded. Jin didn't get it, till it hit him.

"No! No! Mom I'm not gay!" He exclaimed, Jin didn't have a problem with gays, hell his brother was gay. But he just wasn't attracted to men like that.

Jin's mother's brows quirked, she was confused. RM intervene. "Mrs. Kim, I'm sorry for your lost with Joohyun. Jin mentioned to me last night that she was such a wonderful woman." RM wrapped his arm around Jin's neck.

"Apparently not that good if you came over, huh Jinnie.?" RM spoke softly against the male's neck, right in front of him. Jin not only was he mad that RM was putting on this facade, but had the nerve to do it in front of his mother.

"Well I'm happy you were able to move on Jin honey. Well there's a brunch in your father's honor and I was wondering if you'd come... along with RM?" Jin's eyes widen, before he had the chance to protest his mother was on the elevator. "I want you there by 1. It's in the Kkoch Lounge!" The door closed. Jin pried his arms from RM, he pushed the male. "The hell was that?" He yelled.

RM fished Jin's keys from his pocket as he opened the door. He gestured for Jin to go in, RM didn't like nosy people. And he had a feeling people around Jin's building were the nosy type.

He closed the door behind him. Jin looked around his apartment, seeing it looked the same before the murder. Even the window was fix. "You're not coming with me to that brunch!" Jin said. "Yes I am."

"No you're fucking not!"

"Your mouth is too pretty to utter a curse word. You shouldn't do that." RM said as he sat down in a chair. His stare was intense, looking at the human. "Why do you even want to go? What happened to the 'I don't associate with humans until I have too' dude. Did he finally grow a heart?" RM arched a brow at Jin's sassiness.

"No, this time I'm just doing it for the kicks. Plus being around a bunch of uptight wealth is guaranteed entertainment. And I sure as hell wouldn't miss that for the world." He got up heading to the door.

Jin was going to walk him out as he followed behind him. RM stopped abruptly, Jin bumped into the creature's back. "I'll pick you up at 12:30. Punctuality is everything." He said. Jin rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, honey."

He said in a sweet sarcastic tone. The creature left, Jin closed his door. He couldn't believe he had to fake being with RM for a few hours. I mean there are worst fates, unfortunately to Jin none of them added up to that.