12. Rebirth: My word is my pride

Taehyung was lying in bed, his naked form tangled up in the duvet covers. He wasn't sure what to do, he hasn't heard from Jin. Does he even know about the death of their mother. Of course he does, if Namjoon knew he must also know. But he's surprised the older never called him, he did give him his number?

Kookie shifted in his sleep as he wrapped his arms around Taehyung's frame, he snuggled his face in the older's shoulder. Taehyung smiled as he moved his head to the side. Taehyung reached his hand back as he ran his fingers through his hair, Kookie smiled against the older's skin.

"Why are you so soft?" Kookie's question muffled in Taehyung's shoulder, but he heard him loud and clear. Taehyung just laughed. "Just am.." he said turning in the younger's hold as they faced each other now. "I miss Jin-hyung." Taehyung looked down. Kookie hated to see Taehyung upset. "When ever I dealt with bullies he was always there to help me. Unfortunately we both went home with black eyes, but he would never let the bullies win easily. He's stronger then most people give him credit." Taehyung spoke softly and fondly of his brother.

"You really miss him don't you?" Jungkook looked to his lover. Taehyung nodded. Jungkook was going to track Jin down bring him back. Even he thought it was odd that he didn't contact Taehyung after the murder of their mother.

"Don't worry, I'll bring him back to you." Taehyung widen his eyes, "How are you going to do that?" He asked. Jungkook turned to Taehyung with a lazily smile. "I'm Jeon Jungkook, I can do anything." ~

:::1997:::

Yelling, cussing, items being thrown against the walls was the usual sound in the Jeon household. 10 year old Jungkook laid in his bed, wide-eyed staring out at the starry night sky.

At such a young age he was exposed to much that any kid or adult wouldn't wish on their worst enemy. He lived in a religious household, but his parents didn't practice what they were taught. His father was a greedy narcissistic businessman, while his mother was a bipolar alcoholic. When she wasn't spending her husband's money on what ever fashion was trending, she was passed out on the couch by the time Jungkook came home from school.

The boy just wanted a normal life, he wanted to be as happy as the idiotic kids he went to school with. Smiles, laughter, bragging about how wonderful their childhood was. Jungkook was envious of the naive kids. Another thing in Jungkook clicked while living in a dysfunctional household.

Sadism.

Seeing the life escape from living vessels fueled excitement in the young boy. At first it was insects, rats, and just yesterday he strangled a cat with his bare hands. The adrenaline coursing through his veins was too good to ignore. Jungkook knew what he was doing deep down was wrong- but he didn't care. It was the only thing in his life that brought him great joy along with control.

Teachers along with students noticed this shift in Jungkook, during recess he was more rough even during class when he asked to use materials from other kids, if they refused he'd either slap, kick or push the student. His parents were aware of this.

Jungkook's father believed any type of bad behavior in a child could be solved with a belt. Unfortunately that backfired. Jungkook was use to the beatings now and threats.

After school Jungkook came home to a surprise he didn't expect. One his mother was awake. When he used the door key she gave him she was their on the couch, smiling. Jungkook's doe eyes thought this had to be a dream. But she wasn't alone. Across the couch a man sat across from her. Something didn't sit right with this man. He stared at Jungkook intensely, he didn't even blink. A sinister smirk appeared on his plump lips.