XIII. Christmas creeps

Due to the numerous homicides, one-by-one, the girls in the boarding school began to evacuate. Announcing they'll only be back when it's safe.

You pretty much can tell almost everyone is fleeing since half of the stools in the classrooms are uninhabited, it got to the point where everyone's roommate is departing, leaving the room all to themselves.

Nevertheless, despite all the catastrophe, Seraphina was determined to finish schooling, ending her not to vacate the boarding school.

When the Headmistress hears of Seraphina's decision, she entirely rejoices. Seraphina was weirded out by this but came into verdict it was all due to one fewer student to scratch off their enrollees.

That dusk, the rain gushed harder than ever, sending chills down Seraphina's spine, her arms encircled around herself, shielding herself from the chill despite how solely clothed she is. Take note, she wore two additional cloaks but no effects took place.

The Headmistress called a meeting with the remaining girls in her headquarter, how there will be a change inside the boarding school due to the lack of scholars and educators.

Nonetheless, it was in the midst of the night, Seraphina was engrossed in her slumber when she was roused by the boisterous noise of the downpour outside, and there she saw it again, Zachary hunching in her bed as if he owns the place and actually had the rights to come into her chamber, staring down her, his hand on her cheek.

Yanking his wrist, thwarting him, Seraphina gaped back at Zachary, her brow-raising, "Just what do you think you're doing, Mr. Canning. Haven't I told you not to-"

Seraphina hadn't had the chance to finish her statement for Zachary placed his forefinger in her lips, hushing her, making his body come nearer hers.

With that, Seraphina could faultlessly tell the man before she is once again drunk. She knew this was horrible news because she could smell trouble. She cannot believe the man immigrated to her lair once again intoxicated.

On the verge of opening her mouth to revolt, Zachary, once again, cut her off by nuzzling her face, sending chills and warmth to her body.

"Don't worry, love, I stopped using those damn drugs, I didn't like one bit how it controlled me," reassured the drunkard, guilt passing through him.

Inhaling and exhaling with such resentment, Seraphina glared at Zachary whose eyes are half-closed, who reeks of alcohol, the first three buttons of his polo opened and wrinkled, the bags under his eyes heavy. Goodness, what has he gotten himself into again?

Regardless, Seraphina let out a stunning sigh when Zachary groped something behind him with his calloused hand for there lay a blonde doll, its hair reminding him of Zachary. Seraphina uttered profanity to herself for thinking of Zachary first instead of Dorian in the mention of blond hair.

"A doll for your doll-face," mumbled the intoxicated sleep-deprived man.

One could shriek at this very moment, frightened at the sight of such a doll, but for some reason, Seraphina found her delicate hands extending towards the doll before her, aware of Zachary's gaze upon her.

Just as Zachary was about to wrap his arms around her, thinking she finally accepted his apology, Seraphina gave him a dagger look.

"I still haven't forgiven you for your sin, Mister," uttered Seraphina, stroking the doll's hair, her emerald eyes boring to the man in her bed.

What is the devil even made him think to give her a doll could compensate at what he did. She was too foolish, and so, with such anger, she gripped the doll in her hand with such force and threw it across the wall, producing such a loud sound that might awaken the others but she didn't care.