seven

"a new day a new country!" Lando chuckles happily as we walk off the plane in Mexico City. "it's beautiful" I chuckle sarcastically as we make our way towards the international customs line at the airport. "do you want to go out tonight?" Lando asks resting his arm around my waist while we wait to get through the line. "sounds great, I've always wanted to visit Mexico City" I chuckle resting my head on his shoulder as we slowly make our way through the line and eventually grab our luggage and make our way out of the airport and climb into a taxi to take us to the hotel in the centre of the city. "it's beautiful here" I smile looking out the window, "you have a cute sparkle in your eye, I noticed it when we were in Japan" Lando chuckles "I love to travel what can I say" I reply blushing as the driver pulls up to the airport, Lando pays the driver and we thank him before climbing out of the car and walking into the lobby "hi, were here to check-in" Lando tells the man at the front desk "whats the last name?" he asks not making eye contact with us continuing to type on his computer. "Norris" Lando replies grabbing my hand whilst we wait "how many room keys?" he asks continuing to type whilst grabbing room keys "two please" Lando tells him as I rest my head on his shoulder. "here you go Mr. Norris, you will be on the 8th floor and in room 810" the host tells us "cheers, thank you" Lando "enjoy your stay Mr and Mrs. Norris" he tells us as we walk away "ah no Ms.Chernov" I mutter confused as we walk away and Lando chuckles at my expression, he laughs as we walk into the elevator "that was very awkward" I reply giggling as we wait to get to the 8th floor. "am I that repulsive?" he chuckles pretending to be disappointed "oh I think it's the complete opposite and you know it" I whisper stepping towards him and giving him a kiss, "good to know darling" he replies softly giving me another kiss as the elevator doors open and he takes my hand to lead me to the hotel room. "wanna shower then go get some food?" he asks me as I set my suitcase on the opposite side of the room. "sure, I'll try not to take as long as Carlos" I chuckle giving him a wink, "what time is it?" I ask him whilst I squat down infront of my suitcase to grab clothes "its 7:30, leave at like 8:15?" he suggests "yeah that works for me" I nod in agreement as I grab an army green lace cami top, a pair of white smart slacks and a pair of black heels. I leave my shoes outside of my suitcase along with my purse as I carry my clothes into the bathroom. "I'm gonna go shower in Carlos' room" Lando tells me sticking his head in the doorway before I close the door. "alright see you soon Lan" I smile blowing him a kiss before I close the door and I quickly strip out of the airport clothes I've been wearing for the past 18 hours. I turn on the shower and set it to almost as hot as it goes, I wait a few moments before stepping into the shower, I wash my hair, shave and quickly was my body before stepping back out of the shower. I tie my hair up with the towel once I get dressed. I walk back out of the steamed up bathroom and grab my makeup bag, I sit down at the desk in the hotel room. I turn on the TV and the BBC is the first channel on, not bothering to change it I start doing my makeup until I hear a headline that catches my attention.

Thor Ivanov, CEO of XYZ International is set to go to trial in late November due to suspicion of the Company being a front for money laundering for the Russian Mafia. Ivanov is said to have two children, Dylan Ivanov age 19 and Jasper Ivanov age 13 neither of which have spoken out about the matter and have been unable to be contacted as they are not with the family in Russia. His wife Vasilisa Ivanov is yet to make a statement about the suspicions surrounding her husband. Ivanov has already made a statement pleading his innocence...

I tune out the rest of the news anchors as all I can hear is my heartbeat in my ears. I walk away from the desk and immediately walk down to Carlos' room down the hall. I pound on the door and I look down at my shaky hands. "who is it?" I hear Carlos shout on the other side of the door "Dylan" I shout my voice breaking as I feel the anxiety start to take over my body. after what feels like an eternity Carlos opens the door, "Dylan whats wrong?" he asks seeming concerned. "Tur-T-Turn on the BBC" I stumble over my words walking past him and sit down on the edge of the bed. "Dylan are you ok?" Carlos asks again turning on the TV as they continue to talk about the current case that my father is supposedly involved in.