fifty

"you're glad we don't have to go to the end of year party aren't you?" I ask laughing as Lando and I lay curled up in our bed back home in Woking

"yes. I want to hang out with Carlos again before the season starts again, but I'm sooo glad we don't have to go engage in small talk" he chuckles pulling me closer into his chest and we remained curled in the bedsheets, as the cloudy sky shines though the bedroom window.

"fair enough, it would be nice to see Carlos and Isa again before they run off to Ferrari" I nod in agreement as he scoots up and leans his back against the headboard, I say laying down in his lap as he grabs his phone and I feel him lightly play with my hair.

"yeah, for sure. he went back to Spain after we left from Abu Dhabi so we probably wont see him for a while" Lando explains as I feel my eyelids start to get heavy again, so I sit up from his lap and lean against the headboard next to him.

"so you've now experienced one and half seasons of my f1 career. how does it feel?" Lando asks chuckling looking over to me.

"proud, thats the only word that comes to mind" I chuckle looking over at the amazing person sitting next to me, quite literally basking in the morning sky shining though the massive window in the bedroom. "I've been so lucky to watch you grow and learn, like how we met is extremely unconventional and its hilarious trying to explain to people how we met, but I wouldnt trade it for the world. because I got you, and being able to watch you learn and thrive makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world, so proud doesn't really even begin to explain how I feel, i don't have a big enough english vocabulary to explain it properly" I chuckle explaining it to him. "I mean how do you feel? you're living your childhood dream"

"grateful, I'm so lucky to be doing what I do, I have an amazing team, amazing crew, amazing superiors and I have you, who makes me feel like the luckiest guy in the world waking up next to you everyday" he explains pulling me into his arms and gives me a kiss.

"I love you" I smile happily as we enjoy a calm morning now that the season has officially ended.

"I love you too" he replies softly, holding me in his arms as I listen to his heartbeat

"what do you wanna do today? considering you're officially on break and don't have to do anything really for the next few weeks?" I ask chuckling as I climb out of bed and slide on one of his jumpers resting at the foot of the bed over my scarcely clothed body.

"how about...we just have a lazy day? just watch a series on Netflix or something?" he suggests with a sleepy smile as he follows me out of bed and he walks around shirtless following me out of the bedroom and into the kitchen where a box is sitting on the island.

"did you get another package?" I ask nonchalantly as I walk over to the coffeemaker and make myself a cup of coffee

"no idea, I don't remember bringing anything in last night" he shrugs opening the box, he stares at the contents before swiftly closing it again.

"what is it?" I ask him confused by his sudden change in behaviour

"nothing, its uhh, just another sponsored gift, nothing important" he stutters slightly and I give him a weird look

"Its nothing important, I promise now come" he smiles grabbing a cup of water before reaching for my hand. I hesitantly take it and follow him into the living room, we both sit down and I curl into his side wrapping my self in his body heat and the jumper hanging off my body.

"what do you wanna watch?" he asks me

"Ive heard the queen gambits is insanely good, Helen and Charlotte have been telling me to watch it for weeks" I tell him chuckling before taking a sip of my coffee.