twenty one

I wake up to the sun shining through the bedroom window, I feel around to be greeted by cold empty bedsheets, I sit up and remember I am in Lando's guest bedroom. where I was initially meant to stay. a bed I haven't slept in since my first night and had one of the most vivid flashbacks of my life. I hesitantly climb out of the bed and walk to stand infront of the full body mirror. I stare back at my own reflection, for a few moments I stand in silence taking in the small details on my face. I attempt to pull down Lando's hoodie that is hanging off my frame. I step towards my suitcase and grab a pair of sweatpants to wear and quickly slide them over my legs before I grab my phone and quietly walk out of the bedroom. I quietly walk through the living room into the kitchen to it empty, I look out onto the balcony and see Lando leaning against the railing, clearly deep in thought.

I open the cabinet and grab a coffee mug before I start the coffee maker sitting on his counter and make myself a cup of coffee, while I lean against the island, I watch Lando out of the corner of my eye as he turns around and walks into the kitchen and the silence between us immediately becomes very intense.

"M-Morning Lando" I say quietly not wanting to disturb the awkward silence between us. "Morning, I'm gonna go for a ride this morning" Lando tells me as he walks past me and presses a light kiss to my forehead, almost as if telling me he isn't angry at me. "o-okay, I'm gonna go to the grocery store today. do you need anything?" I ask him slightly stuttering as the coffee machine causes me to jump as I grab the finished coffee mug and bring it close to my face before I take a small sip trying not to burn my tongue, "I don't think so" he says opening the fridge and scanning through it "can you buy some oranges? also take the car, keys are next to the door" he asks with a small smile.

I nod in reply as I move to where I am standing and walk over to the window next to the balcony. I stand quietly as I watch the busy streets of Guildford go about their day. I stand there for a few minutes before I hear Lando close the front door behind him as he leaves. I feel myself let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in, I finish my coffee before rinsing out the mug and putting it into the dishwasher, I walk over to the fridge and open it to scan over what I need to buy at the store and quickly make myself a list on my phone along with Lando's request for oranges. I carry my phone in my hand as I walk into the bedroom and grab a pair of skinny jeans and I notice one of Lando's hoodies lying out, I grab it and quickly change clothes, I immediately smell Lando's classic aftershave on the hoodie, I feel myself start to blush as I take a handful of the hoodie and hold it close to my chest. I stand for a few moments before letting go of the sweatshirt and walking into the bathroom and quickly wash my face and put on moisturiser, since I only plan on going to the grocery store I keep my face bare and quickly braid my hair into two dutch platts, I brush through my bangs before I walk out of the bathroom and grab my purse and some reusable grocery bags. as I slide on my jacket over Lando's McLaren hoodie, I remember Lando's request and I grab the McLaren keys from the bowl sitting on the table next to his apartment door, I slide them into my jacket pocket as I walk out the door and quickly lock the apartment behind me.

I walk down to the underground garage and immediately spot Lando's papaya orange sports car. I open the driver side door and climb as I set my purse and the grocery bags down in the passenger seat next to me, I adjust the car seat to better suit my much smaller frame before I start the car and feel it roar to life beneath me. I cautiously pull the car out of the parking spot and onto the road, I drive listening to the radio quietly playing, which is being deafened by the loud roar of the engine in the car. after about a 15 minute drive I make it to the grocery store, I quickly park the car and sit there for a few moments as I plug in my headphones and pull my hood over my head. I grab my purse and the reusable bags from the passengers seat before climbing out of the car and quickly walking into the large supermarket. I grab a cart as I walk through the gate and start to make my through the grocery store, I start grabbing items off my list until I feel a sharp pain in my side, I turn my head to notice I girl had ran her cart into me. she says something but his voice is muffled by my headphones.