twelve

"you sure you want to come with Dyl? I just worry you'll get bored?" Lando questions as I finish braiding my hair and tie it off with a hair tie. "yeah! I'll be fine, I'm bringing my laptop and textbook with me in hopes of getting some work done, I just don't feel like sitting in the hotel room all day until you get back late tonight" I shrug as I slide my Chelsea boots on and grab my paddock pass and slide it around my neck. "alright then lets go" Lando nods with a small smile as he grabs my hand and we walk out of the hotel room to meet the guys in the lobby.

"morning lads" Lando smiles as we walk up to Jarv and John standing in front of the black rental SUV the team got for us. "morning Lando, morning to you too Dylan" Jarv says surprised to be seeing me "morning" I smile before a quiet yawn as we all climb into the van, lando and I sit in the back whilst Jarv drives and John sits shotgun. the guys all start conversing about what the plans are for the practice sessions ahead. I quietly listen whilst watching the beautifully colourful city speeds by as we make our way to the track.

-------------

"don't worry about me babe, just focus on the practice sessions. I'll be here when you're done" I chuckle as I give Lando a quick kiss in his drivers room before I walk out and make my way into the McLaren hospitality. I make my way into the cafeteria and sit down at a table near the window onto the paddock road, and with a clear view of the tv displaying the practice. I grab my laptop from my backpack along with my textbook, I open the book to the page where I was last taking notes and start typing as I read the book.

"Dylan! hey whats up?" I hear a not familiar voice after about an hour of taking notes as I look up to see Kaylee sitting down in the chair across from me. "what do you want Kaylee?" I ask quietly not even looking at her not wanting to cause a scene, continuing to type "just thought I'd say hi to my bestie!" she shrieks fakily trying to get people to look our direction. "I'm not your 'bestie' and if it isn't already obvious I'm kinda busy" I mutter continuing to type along with my textbook. "just thought I'd come by and tell you that I have an interview with Lando later today" she tells me trying to brag. "and why am I supposed to care?" I ask with a sarcastic chuckle looking at her over the top of my laptop screen. "just thought you'd care to know he specifically requested ME to be his interviewer" she says arrogantly trying to piss me off. "well I first off know that isn't true and secondly, I don't care and you want to know why?" I ask shutting my laptop keeping myself calm and composed "because while you're so desperate to try and break up me and your ex-boyfriend in hopes of him crawling back to you, I'm the one sleeping on his chest every night, I'm the one he kisses before he goes out on track, and I'm the one he truly cares about. while your sleeping in a cold bed and just having one night stands in every city we go to in hopes of filling that void in your heart that you created for yourself once you realised what you lost, so please just leave me alone, because shocker! Lando and I are happy together unlike you two were" I say angrily as I watch her face flush red "w-wha..what?" she asks flustered clearly not knowing how to respond "he told me everything so please, leave me alone before I get someone to kick you out" I growl at her starting to loose my patience. "fine, also just so you know. Lando will find out about Tyler whether you tell him or not" she scowls before standing up and stomping out of the hospitality as her camera man hands her back the microphone she carries around in hopes of finding someone to interview. I feel my heart rate start to race at just the sound of that name.

"ms. chernov? are you alright?" one of the McLaren hospitality workers ask me "ye-yeah... I'm alright..thank you" I say putting on a fake smile as I shakily pack up my things and rush into the hospitality bathroom. I walk inside and quickly lock the door behind me.

how did she know about Tyler? how much did hazel tell her? what if he finds me? what if the whole paddock finds out? what if he found out about the abortion? does he want revenge? will he hurt me? or Lando?