ten

I wake up to the sound of light rain pattering on the window. I feel around the bed subconsciously to see if Lando is there, but I'm instead greeted by the cold bedsheets. I roll over to find a messily scribbled note written on the hotel notepad.

Didn't wanna wake you, hope to see you before the race.

xx L

I quietly groan as I roll out of bed, I wrap my arms around myself to conserve body heat as I quietly walk over to my suitcase to grab a change of clothes before walking into the bathroom. I do my business along with washing my face and putting on a bit of light makeup, I change into a pastel orange hoodie, a pair of black skinny jeans, black sneakers and a blue denim jacket. I brush through and quickly straighten my hair before I grab my purse, along with my phone and earbuds, I put the earbuds in once I slide the VIP pass around my neck and grab what I need before walking out of the hotel room. I keep my head down as I walk to the elevator, I make my way through the lobby before walking out of the hotel building and I notice a Starbucks near the hotel. I make my way down the street before walking into the coffee shop. I make my way up to the counter.

"how can I help you?" the barista asks "can I get a grande Caramel latte?" I ask quietly. "sure that'll be 4.83" she says as I hand her a 5 dollar bill. "can I get a name for the order?" she asks "Dylan" I tell her as I feel my phone start to ring. "your drink will be at the end of the counter." "thanks" I mutters as I walk away towards the end of the counter as I answer the call without looking at the caller ID. "Hello?" I answer the call

"Dylan hey is Cate" I hear a familiar accent on the other end of the line. "hey Cate! whats up?" I ask her, happy to hear from my friend. "not much, getting some coffee before going to the track." I explain "is Lando already at the track?" Cate asks as they call my name and grab my coffee before ordering an uber. "I'm assuming so considering he left me a note this morning" I say as I take a sip of my coffee. "Dilara and I came in earlier, but we'll see you here in a bit yeah?" Cate asks "yeah see you soon love" I say before hanging up the phone and the music I was previously listening to resumes  as I wait for my uber to take me to the race track since Lando took the rental car. I climb into the uber and quietly greet the driver before he speeds through the city and before I know it were already at the track. "thank you, have a nice day" I smile at him before climbing out of the car and start walking towards the Paddock.

I slide my hood over my head as I make my way closer in hopes of avoiding everyone. I scan my badge before walking through the gate. I make my way through the paddock until I make it to the McLaren garage. I walk to the front of the garage in hopes of seeing Lando before his race.

"he's in the hospitality" I hear a voice behind me to find Pap, assuming I'm looking for him. "Thanks" I chuckle with a smile as I walk out of the garage and across the paddock road to the McLaren hospitality building. I walk through the door and wave to a few familiar faces. I walk into the cafeteria to see Lando talking to Jarv. I give a small wave to Jarv as he gets up and leaving Lando and I to ourselves.

"hey Lan" I smile sitting down across from him in the weirdly comfortable plastic chairs. "Hey Dyl. sorry about leaving this morning didn't want to wake you" he says refusing to make eye contact. "it's alright Lan, I'm sorry for last night, I was overreacting" I tell him grabbing his hand across the table, "no I'm sorry, I should've talked to you first instead of making assumptions" he replies making eye contact. "can we take this somewhere more private?" I ask. he quickly nods before putting his dishes away and quickly gripping my hand leading me towards his drivers room near the garages.

"why'd you want to be more in private?" he asks before I press a kiss to his lips. "how about we agree to have more trust in each other?" I ask him pressing my forehead against his. "agreed, again I'm sorry" he says "it's ok lan, I kinda overreacted either way, it may feel like I've known you forever but then I remember we've only been dating for about a month and this is all still new. we just need to build trust between us" I say resting my hand on his cheek. "Pap is probably wondering where you are" I say kissing his lips again. "he can wait" Lando mutters pulling me closer to continue the kiss, I wrap my arms around his neck as I feel his hands snake around my waist to hold me against him. a few moments later he pulls away, "does that make up for me being stubborn and jealous?" he asks cheekily "mmm, I think you might have to try just a bit harder" I chuckle as he kisses me again. "happy now?" he asks "very" I reply resting my head on his shoulder. "I hate fighting" he mutters "me too, lets not do it anymore" I reply chuckling as Jarv walks into the room.