thirty-nine

"Dylan you ready?" Lando asks me as I adjust the oversized plaid suit jacket over my white spaghetti strapped crop top and matching cycling shorts along with a pair of white sneakers, and the typical black purse I rest on my shoulder as I carry and the bright orange mask.

"yeah lets go" I nod with a smile as he grabs my hand and we walk out of the hotel room and he starts driving to the track.

"are you alright?" I ask him as I watch nervously tap on the steering wheel.

"y-yeah I'm ok, just a bit nervous after the crash on Friday thats all" he explains as he continues to tap on the steering wheel.

"don't worry about it baby, you'll be just fine. you learned from the crash just be safe baby" I tell him as I rest my hand on his on the centre console.

"I always try darling, the crash just shook me up a bit that's all" he explains shrugging his shoulders.

"don't let it stress you too much, you're good driver, you making one mistake doesn't define you as a driver" I tell him.

"no but it shakes your confidence though" he explains with a shrug as he pulls into the track, I watch as fans wait in lines to get back into the track.

"it's so awesome fans are back at the track, they truly make the race weekends what they are" I smile as Lando parks the car and we both immediately climb out of the car and I slide the mask over my face along with moving my pass around my neck.

Jon walks up to us once we make it through the badge scanners. the two of them immediately start talking about the race and training as the three of us walk into through the paddock.

Once we make it to the McLaren garage, we split off, Lando and Jon go towards Lando's driver room and I walk into the McLaren hospitality to start working on some school work. I sit down at one of the tables in the hospitality and grab my tablet from my bag and start working on some sketches waiting for the race to start.

As I continue working on sketches I notice a camera crew walking through the hospitality. I grab my phone and send a text to Helen, confused.

To: helen crossley: are Netflix with McLaren this weekend? I thought they were with Ferrari?

From: helen crossley: they're supposedly with Ferrari this weekend for 1000 gps but they typically stop by all the teams to get B roll footage, nothing to worry about I don't think.

To: helen crossley: oh ok they're in hospitality and I got super confused hahaha

From: helen crossley: yeah, they're probably just getting B-roll footage, if you don't want to be filmed/ used in the show. just tell them, they're super nice and will be super chill about it :)

To: helen crossley: awesome thank you bb xx see you in the garage :)

I remain in my spot at the table with my espresso and continue working on sketches, I watch as Netlfix gets some footage before leaving the hospitality building and doing that I can only assume is going back to Ferrari.

After a few hours of working, I go into the McLaren garage and grab a pair of headphones before joining Helen and Charlotte in the back of the garage.

"how are you ladies?" I ask the two of them happily

"good good, ready for race day" Charlotte smiles with a nod as the cars start driving onto the track as the pitlane opens

"Part of me is hoping for another Monza chaos race, but my sensitive heart says otherwise" I chuckle as the pit crews leave the garage to focus on the cars on the grid.