fourty-nine

"you sure you'll be alright Dyl? I don't mind being late" Lando chuckles as I finish getting ready in the hotel room.

"I'm positive love, go. I know how to get to the circuit" I smile turning to face him, already in his Mclaren kit as I finish my makeup, still dressed in my pyjamas

"alright I'll see you soon, I love you" he smiles giving me a quick kiss before walking out of the hotel room, the door slamming behind him. I grab my phone and turn on some music as I continue getting ready before I grab before changing into a flowy burnt orange dress and a pair of strapy sandals, I grab my purse and phone once I finish getting ready, I carry my mask around my wrist with my phone in my hand as I slide my purse over my shoulder before walking out of the hotel room.

I walk out of the hotel and the track immediately comes into view, I enjoy a few moments of peace as I walk towards the circuit, the closer I get to the track the more photographers I see and the population grows, I slide the mask over my face and adjust to sit correctly on my face and jaw. I remain calm as I continue walking and the photographers continue taking photos. my phone rings and I get a call from Charlotte as I continue walking through the paddock, camera crews keeping a close eye on me.

"ello?" I answer the call

"have you been on social media yet this morning?" she asks, her voice slightly nervous.

"no, why?" I ask her slightly confused.

"you already know about Mazepin being signed for '21 right?" she asks

"yeah he's a fucking disgusting person, but yeah. I met him back home a couple times our fathers had business together, he was still that way when we were teenagers, never fucking changes, it's not gonna end well for the team, especially with him there" I explain, keeping things vague in case camera crews are able to pick up on what I'm saying.

"definitely, but I feel like I should also tell you something, Aston Martin have announced their test driver for the next season" she explains

"who is it?" I ask her confused, why it would affect her in any way, especially considering they arent a Ferrari customer, and she is Ferrari's star driver's girlfriend.

"love, you might want to sit down" Charlotte tells me, her voice tailing off slightly

"Charlotte who is it?" I ask, my voice slightly sterner

"Its Tyler love" she tells me, I immediately stop dead in my tracks, my body goes into slight shock

"w-what?" I ask, thinking I haven't heard her correctly, I feel my body start to tremble, but no visual ticks showing.

"they released it this morning, I just saw the press release" She says, her voice full of concern

"I-I gotta c-call you back later" I mumble as I start stumbling over my words.

"alrig-" I cut her off as I abruptly end the call as I nearly drop my phone looking down at my trembling hands, my shallow breathing boosts my spiking heart rate.

I slightly stumble over my feet before sitting down on a curb in the paddock, not that far from the Mclaren garage, but I sit down not trusting my feet at the moment. I rest my head in my hands as I feel tears start sliding down my cheeks, below my mask. I feel my hands tremble as I squeeze my eyes shut in attempts to tune out the action around me and gain control over my erratic breathing.

"Is that a girlfriend?! turn on the camera! see whats wrong!" I hear muffled voices around me as I focus on my own breathing.

"Miss! excuse me miss! do you mind answering a few questions?! has your boyfriend caused drama with his stressful career?!" A familiar accent asks, I look up slightly through my hands, not able to see their face but recognise the orange microphone near my face, of the Dutch Media.