thirty-six

"you look great babe now lets go! we don't need to be late!" Lando chuckles as I adjust the high waisted white pants that complete the monochromatic outfit along with a white cropped tank top, a pair of white heels hidden by the long pant leg and a white oversized suit jacket, I rest a pair of sunglasses on top of my head and grab my white purse along with my phone before I follow Lando downstairs and we both quickly climb into his orange McLaren

"alright alright! sorry I want to make sure I don't look like a mess!" I giggle sarcastically as he starts the car and quickly pulls out of the parking lot and starts the drive to the circuit.

"how long is the drive to the circuit?" I ask him as I look at the watch on my wrist, 8:12 am it reads

"about a half an hour from where we are, but it's race day so" he shrugs as he makes his onto the motorway.

"hey, it's alright. just keep calm babe" I tell him as I rest my hand on his on the centre console

"yeah, I'm just nervous. it's another home Grand Prix and I want to do well" he mumbles, I grip his hand reassuringly as he continues driving in silence.

we make it to the circuit a short while later, Lando and I both put on our McLaren orange masks before walking into the circuit, my green pass hangs around my neck as we meet up with Jon before walking into the circuit. Lando and Jon immediately start a conversation about the race and training, I walk at Lando's side before he subconsciously links his fingers through mine as Photographers walk in front of us, trying to snap pictures of us together. I move my sunglasses over my eyes to block the bright british sun.

We eventually make it closer to the McLaren garage and Jon runs ahead of us to talk to someone before we make it to the garage, I notice someone out the corner of my eye as we walk past the Racing Point garages, we notice a camera crew running through so we immediately step to the side to not get in their way, we stop for a few moments and when I look up again, I notice Lance and Tyler standing in front of us, I immediately tighten my grip on Lando's hand as him and Lance silently glare at each other, the tense energy very evident in the situation,

"Lando Norris right? Tyler Smirnov, fantastic to finally meet you, I've heard great things" Tyler greets Lando, obviously not extending his hand due to the current circumstances.

"wish I could say the same" Lando growls eyeing him up and down before looking back over at lance.

Tyler steps a bit closer to me before leaning over and talking quieter so Lance doesn't hear him.

"Anastasia, it's been a while dear. I've missed you" he disgustingly smirks eyeing me up and down.

"gladly can't say the same Tyler, if you ever call me that name again, I will happily go to your boss and explain to him and show him the files of all the horrible things and trauma you've put me through, along with how you're a runaway Russian criminal" I explain smirking, clearly catching him off guard. "do. not. test. me. I've moved on, you should to before I ruin your 'career'" I continue sarcastically before stepping back and giving him a sarcastic smile behind my mask.

I feel Lando tug on my hand and I look over towards him to see a few cameras recording our interaction, we quickly give the two men in Racing Point kit a small nod before walking away and Lando practically drags me into his drivers room. I feel my heart race as I move the mask off my face in attempts to calm my breathing.

"are you alright?" Lando asks wrapping his arms around me in attempts to help me calm down.

"y-yeah, I'm fine" I stumble slightly over my words as I try my hardest to stay calm. after a few minutes of us standing together, Lando breaks the silence.