fourty

I wake up alone in the large king bed, whilst Lando was racing in Russia I stayed home in Woking for obvious safety reasons, fulfilling my mothers wishes. I remain curled in the warm bedsheets as I scroll through my phone.

I eventually get out of bed and immediately put on a jumper, not wanting to freeze in the dropping temperatures as fall quickly approaches. I walk into the kitchen and immediately start to make myself some coffee. once the coffee is finished I curl myself up on the couch. I grab my phone as I hear it go off with a text notification.

from: dilara: do you wanna go get dinner tonight?

to: dilara: is stuff open?  like with everything going on?

from: dilara: yeah restaurants are at least obvi not at full capacity

to: dilara: then of course! what time?

from: dilara: say 7?

to: dilara: sounds perfect see you then xx

from: dilara: also! do you mind if one of my friends joins us?

to: dilara: not at all xx

from: dilara: awesome! I'll see you soon baby

to: dilara: see you soon xx

as I set my phone down on the coffee table I hear the front door open and Lando's footsteps fills the silence. I set my mug down before standing and walking into the foyer to greet him.

"hey stud" I chuckle as he walks up to me and pulls me into a hug.

"hi, how are you?"l ask him burying his face into my neck and shoulder. he remains silent just holding me against his chest.

"better now that I've seen you" he mumbles pressing a kiss to my shoulder.

"It was super fun to watch you George and Alex race each other" I chuckle trying to lighten the mood.

"the car was just not there this weekend, I feel like I could've done more" he mumbles pulling away slightly before pressing a sweet kiss to my lips.

"come, I'm about to make breakfast and you can tell me all about it" I tell him chuckling as I grab his hand and pull him into the kitchen and he sits down at the bar as I start to make breakfast for the both of us.

"I don't know, like after the first lap issue watching back some of the debris from Carlos' car hit mine and then cause an issue with the power steering for pretty much the entire race so we were totally uncompetitive and being on those tyres for so long, I just kinda fucked it up" he rants as I walk around the kitchen making breakfast.

"I'll continue to tell you this baby but one bad race doesn't define you as a driver, a bad session frankly doesnt mean jackshit in the grand scheme of things, Babe you're P4 in the championship right now, that's huge! even just from where you were last year! and this is absolutely massive for the team, considering where they were a few years ago! this wasn't your race, so what? you'll come back faster and stronger" I tell him, trying to boost his spirits as I continue to cook for the two of us.

"do you need help with anything?" he asks standing from the bar and walks over to me and wraps his arms around me.

"can you grab some plates and cutlery?" I ask him with a smile, he nods stepping away and walking over to the shelves and grabbing a couple plates before setting them down next to me as I finish cooking the eggs before dishing them up as I grab some oranges and some toast before handing him a plate.

"thank you babe, but yeah. I just want to do well, thats all" he smiles explaining as we both sit down at the bar.

"I know baby, but think about the long term. you're doing amazing! and it's still so early in your career!" I tell him as we both start eating.