thirty-four

I wake up to Charlotte talking to someone who I can only assume is Charles or her sister Valentine.

"Charlotte?" I mumble as I sit up, realising I'm laying in her and Charles bed. I try and somewhat tame my hair, I grab my phone and scroll through it a bit before she turns to face me

"would you wanna go to the beach today with Val and a few friends of ours?" she asks curiously

"yeah for sure" I nod with a smile as I climb out of the bed and walk into the bathroom and do my business and wash my face. I walk into the bedroom to find Charlotte take a mirror pic, I jump into the background of the shot before we both burst into fits of giggles

"I just got off the phone with Val and she's gonna meet us at a local cafe we both love?" Charlotte suggests, I nod in agreement as I walk over to my bag and look for a change of clothes,

I grab a yellow bikini along with a pair of jean shorts and a loose button down shirt, I walk into the bathroom and quickly change, I button the second half of buttons on the shirt and tuck the loose bottom of the shirt into my shorts as I tie my hair up in a bun so it is out of my face, I brush a comb through my bangs and pull out a few front hairs to better frame my face, leaving it bare of makeup before walking out of the bathroom to find Charlotte wearing a beautiful red swimsuit and throws a sundress on over it.

"you've met Val right?" Charlotte asks me as I grab my purse and sunglasses

"I don't think so? I've talked to her a few times but I don't know if we've ever met in person" I tell her as I sit down on the edge of the bed and slide on a pair of white sneakers.

"oh shit, I thought you guys had already met, wanna go get coffee?" she asks

"you know me so well" I chuckle as I move my purse over my shoulder as I follow Charlotte out of the apartment building

"there's a really nice coffee bar up here" she explains where were going as I watch the very expensive sports cars drive around the small streets.

"do you ever get used to this?" I ask her as we cross the street

"the cars? I mean not really, but they also are so frequent its kinda hard not to. like when I'm not in Monaco I still gawk over crazy cars like this, but here it's more of a casual thing. nothing out of the blue or crazy" she shrugs as she leads me into a beautiful cafe.

"this place is so adorable" I smile as we wait in line to order our drinks.

"this might seem a bit strange to ask but do you ever worry about seeing his ex around monte-carlo? I mean it's not that big of a city?" I ask her before we order our drinks and then move to the other side of the bar to wait for them to be made.

"I mean sort of it's more so when i'm actually with him rather than like with you or with friends, because her and I were friends during secondary and that's how I originally met Charles was through Giada even though charles was actually my next door neighbour, i never really saw him and only talked with him a few times before Giada introduced us then we realised we lived next to each other, then her and I drifted apart once we both started uni, but I would still see her and Charles around at parties and stuff, so we were casual friends just not as close as before but Charles and I would talk every so often, he would ask how uni was going for me since he is also super into architecture surprisingly and I would ask him how racing is, that kind of thing, super casual. then when they broke up last year. Charles had told me about it, I felt bad for the both of them because they had been together for 5 years, fast forward to a week that Charles is back here, he asks if I wanted to go for drinks, as friends. I said yes then we went and had a super good time, and we kept talking from there. I posted about some of the big stuff for him on my story like congratulating him and stuff but,  I think fans figured out who I was after Charles birthday, we all were super drunk and theres a video somewhere of him pulling me into his chest for a group photo with a bunch of our friends and his brother, that kind of thing and then like some other photos from that night, at this point we weren't officially dating. like just a casual date or flirt here and there, but then we kept talking and it became more serious after his birthday, but I couldn't go to races and stuff obviously cause of school so I'd mostly watch with our friends,  obviously like congratulating him and supporting him and spent time together when we could so more fans would notice me, which I didn't appreciate so much since I got so much hate initially once they figured out I used to be friends with her, then later on we went to a watch auction in Geneva together since thats where I was studying at the time and then fans really figured out who I was from there" she explains throughly with a smile as we take our drinks and move towards a booth in the back.