eight

I wake up to the sunrise shining through the open hotel window, I reach my hand over to Lando's side of the bed to be greeted by the cold bedsheets. I reach to my other side to grab my phone and take a photo of the beautiful sunrise outside the window. I set my phone down on the bed and see that lando left me a note in his messy handwriting

Morning beautiful. I had to be at the track super early for training and doing the track walk, etc. I didn't want to wake you cause you are so damn cute sleeping. Race starts at 2, hope to see you before

xx L

I smile at his note and leave it on the bedside table before climbing out of bed and looking at the clock on the wall to see it reads 9:36am. I grab my phone and turn on some music so I'm not getting ready in silence. I go over to my suitcase and grab a old band tee, a pair of boyfriend blue jeans, and a pair of black Chelsea boots. I quickly change and tuck the band tee into the jeans before starting to do my makeup. whilst im singing along to 'Here comes the sun' my phone starts ringing, I grab the phone and read the caller ID before quickly answering "hey D, whats up?" I ask Dilara on the other end of the line. "are you at the track yet?" she asks as I also notice muffled voices in the background. "no, I'm getting ready right now. Will probably leave here around 10-10:15 why?" I ask curiously "Cate and I are in Max's room and we were wondering if we should all go to the track together?" she asks as I put the phone on speaker so I'm able to continue doing my makeup. "yeah that works by me, come down to Lando and I's room, I gotta tell you guys something" I chuckle as I apply mascara "what room are you in?" She asks as I hear more shuffling, presumably her and Care are leaving the room. "810" I tell them. "alright see you in a few love" Dilara replies "see you" I tell her as she ends the call. I finish applying my mascara as I hear a knock at the door. "coming!" I shout as I walk over to the door to find the two beautiful girls standing on the other side. "morning ladies" I smile giving them both a hug. "morning, how are you?" Cate asks as they follow me into the room as I reclaim my spot at the desk to finish my makeup. "im good, a bit jet lagged but the last few days have really special" I tell them starting to blush. "what happened?!" Dilara asks excitedly sitting down on the unmade bed. "you guys were right, he asked me to officially be his girlfriend the first night we were in Mexico" I tell them covering my face with my hands out of embarrassment as they both let out a scream. "I knew it!" Dilara laughs at my embarrassed expression. "I'm assuming you said yes?" Cate clarifies "of course I did!" I laugh along with them "you guys are honestly so cute together" Cate smiles at me as I turn around in the desk chair and quickly apply some lipstick before grabbing my phone, purse, and paddock badge once I slide on my massively oversized papaya orange cardigan/jacket. "you guys ready?" I ask shaking out my hair a bit. "definitely, hold on though, we need to take a photo!" Cate laughs as she pulls Dilara and I into the bathroom and we pose in front of the mirror, Cate quickly posts one of the photos on her story before we walk out of the hotel room and make our way to the lobby to hail a cab to take us to the track. Once we make it into the taxi I see that cate also sent us the photos we took to the group chat. I look at the photo she posted on her story of us 3/4 of the squad♥️ miss you @charlottesiine :( @dilarasanlik @dylanchernov "we look so cute, but like we all know my phone is now gonna blow up" I chuckle as the driver quickly makes his way through the city, not saying a word but clearly listening in on our conversations. "oh shit, I didn't even think about that. do you want me to delete it?" Cate asks quickly "no no no, people might connect the dots, but nothing is confirmed and I think until Lando or I confirm anything it'll hopefully stay quiet for now" I explain to her as we continue to make small talk until we make it to the track, we thank and pay the driver before climbing out of the car and walking into the track, we initially scan our passes to let us in, once we make it past the first gate, we walk through the parking lot towards the paddock club. "what time is it?" I ask to neither of them in particular "nearly 11" Dilara replies as she waves to a few fans who noticed her, We continue walking until we make it to the Paddock Club gate, we all scan our passes and make it through with no trouble "I presume I'll be seeing you guys after the race?" I smile giving them both hugs "of course adore you both" Dilara smiles before we all go our separate ways to our boyfriend's garages.