fourty-one

The Portugal sunshine fills the gap between the curtains and brightens the room immensely. I attempt to climb out of the hotel bed but am held back by Lando pulling me into his chest.

"good morning to you too babe" I chuckle as I start to pepper his chest with a few light kisses in attempts to get him up, to turn off his stupid alarm.

"Lando" i mumble trying to wake him up gently shaking his shoulder.

"babbeeee, i don't wanna" he mumbles attempting to bury himself back into bed, with his alarm still going off on the bedside table.

"Lando I swear to god, just turn off the alarm" I groan as he slams his hand down on the bedside table until the alarm mutes itself.

"happy now?" he replies groggily, trying to pull me into his arms.

"I'd be happier if you actually got out of bed" I tell him with a chuckle as I finally break out of his grasp and I stand from the bed.

"but it's our anniversary, I thought we get to do whatever we wanted" he grumbles leaning up onto his elbows watching me walk through our small portimao hotel room.

"you're the race car driver mister, I didn't plan on us spending our first anniversary this way either but thats life right now" I chuckle as Lando climbs out of bed and walks up to me pulling me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry, being at the track all day is definitely not how I planned on us spending our anniversary together" he mumbles resting his chin on top of my head.

"I don't mind baby, I just want to spend time with you. this past year has crazy, specifically 2020 moreso but nothing is guaranteed" I tell him as I look up to him and lean up on my tiptoes and press a kiss to his lips.

"I will make it up to you tonight I promise" he tells me kissing me again.

"alright, even though you have nothing to make up for! I'm gonna go shower" I tell him as he lets me go and I grab my clothes before I start walking into the bathroom.

"want some company?" he chuckles standing in the doorway

"depends how quick you can be" I reply giggling as I strip down and turn on the shower waiting for the temperature to rise.

"quicker than you realise babe" Lando chuckles standing behind me before spinning me around and pulling me into his bare chest, as I step backwards into the cloud of steam from the hot water.

--------------------------------

"what time is it?" I ask Lando as we both get dressed, getting ready to go to the all new Portimao track.

"9:45" Lando tells me as he slides his watch onto his wrist. I adjust the tan body con maxi skirt before sliding the loose black crop top on, along with a pair of white sneakers.

"you look beautiful" he tells me with a smile wrapping his arms around my waist and kisses my forehead

"thank you, and I do love you in the McLaren kit" I giggle as I tug slightly on his polo shirt to flatten it out.

"come on, as much as I would love to absolutely rail you right now, we do actually have places to be sadly" he chuckles giving me a kiss before I grab my purse along with my face mask. I double check that I have my phone before we walk out of the hotel room and down to the rental car in the parking lot of the hotel.

"you're excited to race Portugal, you can admit it, I'm excited to see a new circuit" I tell him chuckling as we want fro Jon in the parking lot.

"morning Jon" I smile as he walks up to us and we all quickly climb into the car and Jon starts driving towards the track. Lando and Jon continue their conversation as I scroll through my photos and choose a few of Lando and I along with a video of us from after him getting on the podium, and one of us singing together in the car. a year of memories with my best friend, you've taught me a love like no other Lan. thank you for being there for me when I don't deserve it and loving me with all my flaws. alright I'm done being sappy but I love you and happy anniversary baby🥺🥺💘💞💘💖 @landonorris