Threats

Lauren's POV

I finish the new security arrangements for night shifts. I don't understand why I didn't double them in the first place but it's done now. I sigh and lean back in my chair, I need a break. I look outside and I can see my beautiful wife and child in the playground. The stress leaves my shoulders instantly, watching Sapphire run around enjoying herself.

I decided that I do need that break, with my family. I open my laptop once again and make the arrangements. I need to make sure first that everything will continue to run smoothly while I'm gone. The girls can be in charge and I can relax with my wife and daughter.

Question is, where shall we go? Can't go too far in case I'm needed. No we don't need to, I know the perfect place. I quickly get everything organised for our trip. Once everything's done I go outside to join my family. I walk out to the playground and place my thumb on the scanner. Sapphire notices me and runs towards me.

"Hi Momma!!", she says hugging me, I pick her up and swing her around. "Hola mi princessa", I kiss her cheeks and Camz comes closer. "Hey babe" We kiss and Sapphire covers her face. "Ew Mommy that yucky". "Ohh is it now?", I give my wife a smirk and we both pepper kisses all over our baby's face. "Mommy, Momma top pease!!! No more", Sapphy yells laughing.

"That's right baby kisses are yucky, except for Mommy and Momma's kisses so we're the only ones you should kiss. No one else." Sapphy laughs again. "Can I kiss your fweinds Momma?", I shake my head. "Nope no one else", "what bout Nana, buela, buelo an gandad? Oh an aunt Tayor, Sofie an uncle Chwis?".

"Hmm okay you can kiss your grandparents but that's it no one else, not even your aunts and uncle", she giggles and nods. I put her down and let her go play. "Babe I've got a surprise for you", I take her hand and sit down with her on the bench. "What do you say to going on vacation for 5 days in a few weeks? Just me, you and Sapphy" She jumps at that. "That would be amazing Laur!! us going on a family trip but where are we going?"

"That's a surprise Camz, just know we're going somewhere where Sapphy can have so much fun the first 3 days and we can spend the last 2 days completely relaxing. Just remember to pack for warm weather and bring swimsuits" Camz knows that I won't budge when it comes to surprises so she kisses me and we sit happily watching Sapphire.

Time skip

Camila's POV

It's been a few weeks now since we got Sapphire and I couldn't be happier. I love my little family, things are practically perfect now. My wife and I finally have the little girl we've been waiting for and she's an absolute angel, well for the most part. It's bedtime now and I'm trying to get her ready for bed. Trying to, but not really getting anywhere.

"Sapphy stay still, Mommy has to get you clean. You've played in the tub for long enough." I let Sapphire play around with her bath toys for way too long, now I'm trying to shampoo her hair but she won't stay still. As much as she's so adorable playing with her toys. She can't stay in the bath.

"But Mommy Mr.Ducky hasn't asked Ms.Quack on a date yet. He's been too scared to, I is helping him", I smile at her. "Well baby he always has tomorrow, maybe he'll get courage over night. For now a certain little girl needs to get ready for bedtime or else Momma's not gonna read her a bedtime story", "Nooo I wan bedtime story Mommy", she whines.

"Then let's get you out of this tub and put some jammies on", I finish bathing her and lift her out. I dry her off, put her diaper on and changed her into white footie pajamas with teddy bears printed on it. "There we go babygirl, all ready. Mommy's gonna go get herself ready for bed now too and I'll tell Momma to come in and read you that bedtime story. I'll be back later to sing you a lullaby." I place her into her crib but didn't put the bars up yet.

I kiss her forehead and go to our room where Lauren is still working on her laptop. "Love please stop working it's late, you've worked way too hard lately", I say as I get ready for bed. "I know mi amore but I need to make sure everything's ready for when we leave, we're going for 5 days and I don't want to have to worry about what's happening here", she replies still looking at her laptop.

I sigh, "Alright well our daughter's waiting for her Momma to read her a bedtime story, so unless you want to bring our child to tears I suggest you continue work tomorrow or at least till she sleeps. You could use a little break anyway." At that she smiles and looks up at me.

"It still feels so surreal that we get to say, our daughter. We were giving up on finding the perfect little for us and she just shows up. I feel so lucky to have you both in my life. You both bring me such joy that no one else can." We lean in for a kiss, innocent at first but things were about to get heated. About to anyway.

"Mommy, Momma!!!", Sapphire comes running in with poofles in hand. She jumps onto the bed, under the covers and cuddles into us, "What's wrong princess?", Lauren asks. Sapphy sniffles, "Momma there monster under my bed!!", Awe I have to hold back my coo, my baby's upset I shouldn't be smiling but she's too adorable. "Oh is there? Well then Mommy and Momma are gonna have to go monster hunting. Let's go baby don't worry we'll protect you."

Lauren walks ahead of us while Sapphy clings to my arm walking slowly. We all get to Sapphy's door and Lauren looks under her crib. "What the hell?", she moves back and takes out her gun. "What's going on?", I don't know if it's an act until something moved and banged the bottom of Sapphire's crib. I push Sapphy behind me and also take out my gun.

Lauren starts yelling. "Whoever the fuck is under there come out now and know that we won't hesitate to shoot if you do anything stupid. Hiding under my little girl's crib was idiotic enough." We hear groaning and they start to crawl out.

"Hey guys, WOAW what's up, please don't tell me you're pissed about that aswell, Lord Jesus please spare me today." We lower our guns and let out a heavy sigh of relief. I hug my baby needing to calm my rushing blood. "What the fuck Dinah we thought there was an intruder, what were you doing hiding under Sapphire's crib?"

"Um well I kinda ate all of the chicken wings, I thought we had more and ended up eating it all which Mani was not happy about, AT ALL. She chased me around with a knife. I figured she wouldn't dare come into Sapphire's room so here I am. Though I wasn't planning on falling asleep."

"Alright well um good luck with that, next time keep Sapphire out of whatever arguments you guys have", Lauren says taking Sapphire into her arms. Hold on a sec. "Wait DJ we just got a whole shipment of chicken wings, you're telling me you ate ALL OF IT", my nostrils start flaring and Dinah's eyes widen again.

"Oh Ohhh Aunt DJ's in twouble", I hear Sapphy say giggling. "Come on squirt help auntie out, your Mommy's about to kill me", "Not just her, do you realise how much money it takes to feed a mafia Dinah?", my wife asks with a sinister smile on her face. "Aunt DJ, I'll miss yous". Dinah bolts out the door in seconds as the rest of us laugh. After awhile we calm down from our fit of laughter.

"Alright sweet girl, it's way past your bedtime now so I'm sorry but there's no time for a bedtime story." I say and she looks up at us pouting, "What B-but hmmmm........Momma can I help kill Aunt DJ tomorrow?"