Chapter Twenty-Two

"We're face to face, but we don't see eye to eye.
We're like fire and rain. You can drive me
insane, but I can't stay mad at you for anything.
We're Venus and Mars. We're like different stars,
but you're the harmony to every song I sing, and
I wouldn't change a thing."
—Wouldn't Change A Thing, Camp Rock 2

"—Wouldn't Change A Thing, Camp Rock 2

CONTROL,
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

EVERYONE SEEMED TO be frozen after Gally left. It was stressful, and she didn't know how to handle it. Ruby's heart was beating hard and fast within her chest. It was like the organ wanted to escape.

She looked over at Thomas. Not knowing why, she rushed over and hugged him. "Are you okay?", she asked quietly.

Thomas slowly wrapped his arms around her. He nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. I think."

The Council members all remained silent. They were just as shocked as they were. Newt and Winston slowly let go of Minho. The three of them then took their seats. Silence still ensued for a while. The atmosphere was almost gloomy. "He's finally whacked for good." It was Minho who broke the silence. His words were barely heard.

"Well, you're not exactly a saint here", Newt scoffed accusingly. "What were you thinking? That was a little overboard, don't you think?"

Minho looked offended and baffled. "Don't give me that garbage", he spat at Newt. "Every one of you loved seeing that slinthead get his dues, and you know it. It's short time someone stood up to his klunk."

"He's on the Council for a reason", Newt pointed out.

"Dude, he threatened to break my neck and kill Thomas!", Minho exclaimed. "That guy is mentally whacked, and you better send someone right now to throw him in the Slammer. He's dangerous."

"Gally is a puppy, all bark and no bite", Ruby explained. "He's not dangerous."

"Seriously?", Thomas asked. "You really think that?"

Ruby raised a brow. "Has he ever actually tried to hurt anyone?"

"Maybe he had a good point", Winston whispered. She didn't think he was wanting to be heard.

"What?", Minho asked.

Winston looked shocked at being acknowledged. Ass. He looked around for a second. "Well... he went through the Changing. A Griever stung him just outside the West Door. That means he has memories, and he's seen the Greenie. Why would he make that up?"

"Because he's a lunatic?", someone said. Ruby could see the gears turning in Thomas's head. She didn't know about what.

"Winston, didn't you see what just happened?", Frypan asked in shock. "Gally's psycho. You can't put too much thought into what he says. What, you think they're Grievers in disguise?"