him again pt.1

the ambulance finally arrived at the hospital after what seemed like decades to the small group of friends. they quickly left the car, closely following the doctors and nurses who were taking care of yoongi's case.

they took the "corpse" to the operatory room, speedily locking it behind them to prevent the hopeless mates to go in. jimin collapsed on the floor, hugging his knees while quietly crying his heart out. taehyung and jin were both desperately trying to calm him down, afraid he'd have another panic attack. his cousin brought him to his lap, and took him into a loving hug. he started whispering sweet nothings in his ears and brushing his big veiny hands against the shorter boy's black silky hair, while jin soothingly caressed the younger's arm, promising him that everything was going to be okay. and winter. there she was. laying against the hard wall, head between her sweaty hands. silent. mute. but inside, she was nothing but calm. she  was screaming. crying out for help. but nobody can hear her, because it's all inside her. and as much as she liked to show her brave side to the world, in reality, she was petrified. petrified because she knew who it was. because she knew that he is watching them closingly. because she knew that he won't leave until the end. and that this won't end well.

she knew this all too well. and she wanted to tell them oh so bad. but she can't. she can't risk their lives. his life. and at what price? her safety? her happiness? that would be selfish from her when she was the reason their lives were so tragic. the least she could do is protect them from more damage. yes.

isn't that what friendship is all about?