Chapter 1

It was right in the middle of October and Maya was now starting to see why people have to save up for many things.
She was having a bit of trouble figuring out her Economics and even though she's been taking it the last two years she still has no clue what is going on.
And that can only be done by Maya Hart.
Maya sighs as she pulls her hair away and then she stands up.

Lately she hasn't been very motivated to do much and she knows why.
The summer went by way too fast and she couldn't help but wonder if it was because she spended it with her step-father's family.
Sbe has grown very fond of all of them in an instant and before she really did know it she grew extremely close to all of them.

Maya sigh as she puts her Economic book away and immediately start ready the one English book she has been told to read.
Lord of the flies.
She sighed as she didn't want anything too scary at the moment since she isn't over what happened with her the last time.
But she had to do it for school.
Before she could het to page ten her step-father Aka her dad as she calls him steps inside.

"Hey, Maya. How is school coming along? I just finished my work for the day so now I can just get going with helping my daughter," Shawn said causing Maya to chuckle.
"Thank you, Dad. But I'm just about done. I just have a little bit of ready left to do and then you can help me with my math," Maya said.
"Okay. I'm getting started on lunch then while you read," Shawn said and was gone.