Chapter 43

Half past four the afternoon and Josh came inside the apartment.
It was very much quiet and he didn't understand why until he looked over at the couch.
He saw as Maya's blond hair fell against the white pillow and smiled.
He gently put down the package on the counter as he gave Maya a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Hey. You're home," Maya said.
"Yeah. Why don't you go to sleep in your bed? Must be more comfortable as the couch," Josh said ashe sat down next to Maya.
"I'm fine. Why are you home so early? Thought you had a billion stuff to do," Maya said as she came up.
"Yeah until I actually realized what the day was. Why didn't you tell me you're seventeen today?" Josh asked.
"I didn't want to make a big deal of it," Maya said and Josh handed her a little box.
"Happy birthday," Josh said giving her a kiss.
"You shouldn't have," Maya said as she opened it finding a ring inside.

Promise ring

"Promise ring?" Maya asked as Josh took the box out of her hand putting the ring on her ring finger

"Yeah. I know we've been through a lot of ups and downs but this is my way of saying that no matter what does happen we will always be there for each other," Josh said.
"Thank you. Not just for your patience but also that you're still here. It means a lot," Maya said.
"I will always be here. We are in this together and from now on I'm always gonna be here," Josh said.