Chapter 19

It was later the evening and Maya was still at Josh's place.
What he had realized with her two hour visit is that she was definitely scared of something.
He walked up to her where she was standing on the balcony looking out at the city and smiled.

"Sometimes I think even a small place like this is busy," Josh said and Maya gave him a small smile.
"Any place in New York is busy," Maya said and let out a sigh.
"Are you okay?" Josh asked.
"What is okay? I wish my parents would come home now. I'm scared, Josh," Maya said causing Josh to look at her.
"Of what?" Josh asked.
"Since the attack... I'm keeping imagining there are people in the apartment. I'll lie if I say I didn't think of coming here last night. I just don't want to get hurt again," Maya said and Josh pulled her close to him.
"And you're not gonna. I promise you. Even if I have to fight for that. You're safe," Josh said as he stroke over Maya's hair.

Maya closed her eyes as she allowed herself to really think about the moment.
Josh's one hand was in her back while the other was on her hair keeping her face close to his chest.
Maya let out a chuckle as she looked back to Josh.
Josh brushed a strand of hair out of her blue eyes as he gently cupped her cheek.
He gave her a smile before giving her a soft kiss.

The kiss was one that they deserved and Maya knew it was going to last forever.
Josh pulled away looking into Maya's soft eyes.
She gave him a smile as she embraced him yet again.
Feeling each other close was one of the little things which both didn't want to disappear.