Chapter 36

Early the next morning and Maya woke up extremely nauseas.
She ran to the bathroom and immediately threw up.
Yeah, she was sure that it was a pregnancy.
She was anyway feeling way too different for it to be otherwise.
Maya washed her mouth out with water and immediately went back to the room.
She got dressed and then Alan came in the room.

"Can I bother?"
"Alan. Yeah, come in," Maya said.
"I heard the news from my son and was hoping we can talk," Alan said.
"Sure," Maya said.
"First of all, congratulations. A child is a blessing. Second... I'm so sorry my son couldn't act more supportive. It must be very hard on you," Alan said.
"Shawn canceled my school fees. What am I going to do? I can't do this on my own," Maya said freaking out and Alan laid his hand on her shoulder.
"You won't have to. Josh will support you as soon as he gets over the shock," Alan said.
"And if he doesn't? What if he wants an abortion or not to be with me at all? He is my life," Maya said.
"We know. But he won't act like that. Finish getting ready then we'll go for a walk outside," Alan said.

~

"Cory was around Josh's age when they found out about Riley did you know that?" Alan said and Maya nod.
"I do. But they were married and nineteen. I'm unmarried and sixteen," Maya said.
"Doesn't matter. Any person can learn to be a parent. And I've seen you with my grandson. You're good with kids, Maya. And you will be with your won as well," Alan said.

~

Josh wakes up looking at the time seeing it is way past nine.
He pulls clothes over his head as he heads down the corridor.
He goes inside Maya's room finding it empty.
Probable already up, he thought.
He went to the kitchen finding his mother busy with cooking.

"Where's Maya?" Josh asked.
"Morning Sunshine. She and Dad are out on a walk. He thought it could do her good," Amy said.
"Yeah. When doesn't walks with Alan Matthews help?" Josh asked as he sat down.
"Joshua," Amy said.
"I know, Mom. I should talk to her. I just don't know how," Josh said and the others came in through the door.

"Hey, how was the walk?" Amy asked.
"Nice. I'm going to lay down for a bit. I'm quite tired. Thank you for listening," Maya said and was gone.
"Josh," Alan said.
"On it," Josh said and went after Maya.

He knocked on the door and went inside finding her laying on her bed.
He could see from afar she had tears on her face and she tried to stay calm.
Josh sighed as he went to sit down next to her.

"Hey, can we talk?" Josh asked and Maya slightly nod.
"I realize I was an idiot. I didn't react as I was supposed to. Or maybe I did. Point is... I'm sorry," Josh said and Maya didn't say anything.
"I'm so sorry, Maya," Josh said and saw a tear appearing on her face.

He slightly wiped it around keeping his hand on her cheek.
He sighed as he put his other hand on her back.
He didn't know what to say and neither was he sure they were doing the right thing as well.
They were so young but neither did know what was going to happen next.

"You know, I hate it when she is like that," Josh said as he sat down on the couch.
"She okay?" Amy asked.
"Eventually fell asleep. What are we going to do? I can tell her what I want but thr fact still stands, she's expecting. She's pregnant. I wish I could help her," Josh said.
"Where is she now?" Alan asked.
"Asleep. I'm not going to be able to chance anything. I'm just gonna have to except what it is. It's two teens who were idiots," Josh said.